Flashing of bios back to first retailed release

darren2011

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
hi...

i have an msi p45 neo2 mainboard...

just want to know some info if you guys can help me on here please?

first of all..... when the board was shipped as mine was a second user anyway, it would of came with the first bios release am i right in saying?

ok here is the tricky part......... i've updated my bios to the newest one available for my board which is 3.4 version, now just want to try an experiment out to see if it would solve any issues i'm having.....

Question.......

If i was to flash my bios to the first release version which it was shipped with.....

A.....

would i be able to use my 1TB hard drive i have now and when it comes to upgrading my cpu to a quadcore will it mess up...

B.....

or should i just stay with the current bios version i have now?

i want to ask this because if i can use the first release version bios and still use my 1TB hard drive with no issues and also my cpu upgrade then hopefully it might knock out some of the issues i've been experiencing, failing that i can always flash back the the newest bios if it doesnt work, but i need some advice first before atempting it...

thank you for your time in reading

darren2011

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
hi,

i have spoken with msi peeps in the forum but they seem to think that the latest bios is good, but i dont know.......

maybe i'm over wired in what i'm about to say, but i know pc's with a 1tb hard drive that boot up much faster than mine and i know that the people who has these hard drives have never flashed their bios from when they had their mainboard...........

i know flashing your bios to the latest version keeps your pc upto date on the latest fixes, but i'm not too sure if its wise if the pc is running fine, however i only had to flash my bios officially becuase when i got my mainboard 2nd hand it had a totally differnt bios setting to what it should of had from the begining? so i really dont know how to react on this, maybe i should go higher and deeper into the research of my mainboard and see what has or should be the wiser thing to do