Server Platform

Howdy all,

I am wanting to setup a personal UT server. If the choices of the OS
are between a Linux Distro & FreeBSD, I am guessing that running the
server on a Linux Distro would be preferred. Has anyone gotten UT to
run under FreeBSD? I run FreeBSD for my desktop and would prefer to use
it, but I am not opposed to running Debian. I am not wanting to start
any kind of Flame War about the different types of *nixs.

gorilla

Thanks for the information. Spent an hour. Thank you very much.

gorilla

gorilla <fragging_gorilla@hotmail.com> Blessed us with

> Has anyone gotten UT to run under FreeBSD?

I run Windows but I seem to remember reading it somewhere
on a website that it's tricky but can be done. Damn if
I can remember where I read it and I have looked for the
past hour and can't find it. It might not have even been
UT that was being discussed on that webpage but it seems
like it was though.

I found this link though:

http://www.freebsd.org/search/index-site.html

and this link might be of some use:

http://www.alasir.com/ut/

Try this Google search:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=UT+under+freeBSD

HTH

Red leader I've got your back.

Not with that pea shooter you don't. Here take
one of my weapons and please try not to shoot me
in the ass with it!

Meltdown

gorilla enlightened us with:
> Has anyone gotten UT to run under FreeBSD?

Most of the people here have some trouble with the game. I always ask
for the OS if they don't mention it themselves. Never have I seen
someone telling about trouble on FreeBSD, so ether it is trivial and
without a single problem ever, or it can't be done ;-)

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

MeltDown wrote:
> gorilla enlightened us with:
>> Has anyone gotten UT to run under FreeBSD?
>
> Most of the people here have some trouble with the game. I always ask
> for the OS if they don't mention it themselves. Never have I seen
> someone telling about trouble on FreeBSD, so ether it is trivial and
> without a single problem ever, or it can't be done ;-)

I used to play a Matrix server that was on FreeBSD. It can be done and I
don't know of anything that would cause a problem for install.