Help with upgrading hardware pegatron truckee ul8e

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmneu

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
I have the same issue and have spent a lot of time with HP. It seems that the motherboard is quite a weak motherboard (cheap you know). The mobo is a microATX (at least mATX) mobo which is supposed to take any ATX power supply as long as it has the connectors. That's the research I've found weather it is correct or not, I don't know. Supposedly this mobo only supports up to 600 Watt PSU... that's what HP said but I am not sure why that would be..... I have put a Thermaltake 850 and the computer will turn off after 30 seconds and keep rebooting on the 30 sec loop without even sending a signal to the screen. So it gets stuck for some reason in the BIOS and/or CMOS and there is no real way around it I guess... Sucky. So I am at the point of trying to get by with a 600 Watt unit but I may up it first to see if it works and work my way down to 600 if even that works with this mobo. I am trying to keep the mobo so i can keep HP's RTM version of Windows as I like their integrated softwares etc. and upgrading the mobo will forever un HP your computer. Stuck in a rut for sure..

Status
Not open for further replies.