Where can I get this capacitor or something similar?

samn122

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
I have a nvidia 9600 gt video card with a blown out capacitors and some bulging. On top of the capacitor it reads FZ87 1500 6.3v. It reads nothing on the sides. The capacitor is a full metal body one. Where can I get a compatible or similar capacitor? What are the specifics of the capacitor i should get? I have no knowledge of this kind of electronics but I do know how to solder.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=P10202-ND

Some things to consider
(1) Did something else take out the capacitor, ie a component went bad that cause an overoltage on the Cap.
(2) Did the cap go bad, on its own, then the question becomes, did it take something else out.

The cap is cheap enough that you can replace it and see. But if you do that it would void any warrenty as far as a RMA.

Concur ^
One cap is one thing, but multiple caps, RMA or ditch and bite the bullit buy a new one.
When caps start bulging it is normally due to excess heat cause by the cap decreasing its DC resistance and acting like a resistor - Must likely you have additional components (ICs) that are going, or at best a walking wounded IC.