Only five CTF Internet servers? What's the deal?

Rocketman

Hey,

I just re-installed UT GOTY w/ 4.36 patch under WinXP Pro. (Tried to go
"cold turkey" to stop UT addiction; but it didn't work ;-)

No matter what I do, I'm only seeing 4 or 5 CTF servers in the Internet
games listings. There used to be dozens, if not hundreds of servers! What's
the deal? Is there a problem with the master server? I've tried
reinstalling again, same problem. What am I missing? This is probably the
8th time I've reinstalled UT GOTY from this CDROM on this particular
machine. I've never seen anything like this in over 2 years of playing UT.

FWIW: It's the same computer, same install CDROM, same patch file, same
network, same everything. I ran two different virus checks, and even
defragged my HD's (260 GB worth...heh). Can't figure out what else to check.

TIA,

"Rocketman" <rocketman@bikerider.com> Blessed us with

> Hey,
>
> I just re-installed UT GOTY w/ 4.36 patch under WinXP Pro.
> (Tried to go "cold turkey" to stop UT addiction; but it didn't
> work ;-)
>
> No matter what I do, I'm only seeing 4 or 5 CTF servers in the
> Internet games listings. There used to be dozens, if not
> hundreds of servers! What's the deal? Is there a problem with
> the master server? I've tried reinstalling again, same problem.
> What am I missing? This is probably the 8th time I've
> reinstalled UT GOTY from this CDROM on this particular machine.
> I've never seen anything like this in over 2 years of playing
> UT.
>
> FWIW: It's the same computer, same install CDROM, same patch
> file, same network, same everything. I ran two different virus
> checks, and even defragged my HD's (260 GB worth...heh). Can't
> figure out what else to check.

I heard over the #utchat IRC that the masterserver was having "a
bit of a problem" and someone said that the Eavyserverbrowser was
still working and to use it. Go here and look on the right side
of the page for Eavyserverbrowser.umod and install it. I tried it
as I was having the same problem you are but not after I installed
the Eavyserverbrowser!. My server list even loads about half
again faster!. The browser is one of those things you install and
forget because there is no configuration or anything to set. Just
install and browse like you normally do!.

Here is the URL to the Serverbrowser:

http://eavy.beyondunreal.com/

HTH

Red leader I've got your back.

Not with that pea shooter you don't. Here take
one of my weapons and please try not to shoot me
in the ass with it!

Rocketman

"JHall" <jhall@playmlec.net> wrote in message
> "Rocketman" <rocketman@bikerider.com> Blessed us with
>
> > Hey,
> >
> > I just re-installed UT GOTY w/ 4.36 patch under WinXP Pro.
> > (Tried to go "cold turkey" to stop UT addiction; but it didn't
> > work ;-)
> >
> > No matter what I do, I'm only seeing 4 or 5 CTF servers in the
> > Internet games listings. There used to be dozens, if not
> > hundreds of servers! What's the deal? Is there a problem with
> > the master server? I've tried reinstalling again, same problem.
> > What am I missing? This is probably the 8th time I've
> > reinstalled UT GOTY from this CDROM on this particular machine.
> > I've never seen anything like this in over 2 years of playing
> > UT.
> >
> > FWIW: It's the same computer, same install CDROM, same patch
> > file, same network, same everything. I ran two different virus
> > checks, and even defragged my HD's (260 GB worth...heh). Can't
> > figure out what else to check.
>
> I heard over the #utchat IRC that the masterserver was having "a
> bit of a problem" and someone said that the Eavyserverbrowser was
> still working and to use it. Go here and look on the right side
> of the page for Eavyserverbrowser.umod and install it. I tried it
> as I was having the same problem you are but not after I installed
> the Eavyserverbrowser!. My server list even loads about half
> again faster!. The browser is one of those things you install and
> forget because there is no configuration or anything to set. Just
> install and browse like you normally do!.
>
> Here is the URL to the Serverbrowser:
>
> http://eavy.beyondunreal.com/
>
> HTH

Thanks J! Worked a charm! I'm BAAAACK!