devan5

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
First time builder

asus p7p55d-e mobo

1) there is a red sata cable from the case where does this go in the motherboard any sata port?
2)there are molex for the case fans and molex from the psu. Some of the cables from the psu have molex as well as a four pin connector
3) why is there molex behind the motherboard case as well as one of the cables for the case fan has two molex adapters

also will i damage my product if just connect the cables the way i think is right and power it on and work out which cables fit where by trial and error.

i know its alot but can you please try and help if you can...i cant find no pics/video on how to connect the case fans for this mobo

thanks

jefe323

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
1. yes, you can put that in any sata port

most cables on your pc are meant to be connected in only one way. if it fits, it will work

as for case fans, if it is a 3 pin or 4 pin connector, you can connect straight to your motherboard or to a fan controller (if you have one). If it is molex, just find an open molex connector from your psu (you can also chain molex connectors together)

devan5

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010

right any idea what the red sata is for and what is chaining molex. also there are two cables which say ac97 and hd audio but it seems there is only one connector on the mobo for it?

jefe323

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
the red sata is for the eSATA port on your case

for your audio choose one of the two (preferably hd audio if your board supports it)

chaining molex: google it

devan5

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010

ok i powered it on and my rear fan lights up but does not spin and initially there is a start up fail when i press the power button again it it starts but gives me two beeps? any ideas?

thanks for your help