Reinstalling OS on my Crucial M4?

insomniac3334

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
Hello! I installed Windows 7 Home Premium x64 on my new Crucial M4 128gb SSD several days ago. However, through my school I was able to acquire a Windows 7 Ultimate upgrade DVD. I would like to use Ultimate on my desktop, and use my copy of Home Premium for other purposes. So my question is, is it as simple as sticking in the Windows Ultimate installation DVD, clicking "format drive" under Advanced Options, and installing Ultimate in the now empty space like I always did with my HDDs? Or is that a bad idea with SSDs?

TLDR; Is it more trouble then it's worth? I really would like Ultimate for its Bitlocker capabilities and bragging rights, but not at the cost of my M4's performance.

1) For installation. The copy you get that is the upgrade DVD so the mean you need a copy legal OS (any like windowXP, vista) in the HDD when you do the install the upgrade version win7.
2) What is the version of win7 home premiun? Retail ? or OEM ? If you have the retail and you can install it to any computr you want. But if it is OEM version you only can install one computer and you can't install it to other computer.