Need PSU and cooling recommendations

wantitbad

Distinguished
May 21, 2010
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: No later than end-July 2010
BUDGET RANGE: $300 (After Rebates). I'm willing to go higher but I will need a reason to do so.
SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gfx-intensive operations (rendering/viz), high-end gaming, HD video editing and encoding, photo editing, followed by the usual PC tasks
PARTS NOT REQUIRED: All except PSU, and cooling option
PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Any reputable online seller (Systemax, Newegg preferred)
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA
OVERCLOCKING: Maybe.
SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe (Crossfire)
MONITOR RESOLUTION: I currently own an ASUS VH242H (1920x1080), and I don't plan on getting a 2nd monitor soon.
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: None.

Hello everyone,

I have the following parts raring to go, I just need a reco for a solid bottom-mounted PSU that's at least 80+ Silver certified (If you must know, I'm leaning towards Corsair).

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition
GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB
Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower
XFX HD-587X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5870 1GB
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST31000528AS 1TB

How much power would I need to sustain this rig... 750-850W? Also, I have one of them closed-door CPU cabinets with ventilation only at the back so I need more than just the stock CPU/GPU cooling. I've been looking at this guy as a cheap, effective solution. Anyone had any luck with this?

Thanks for looking, and criticisms of the existing setup is moot but welcome nonetheless. If you manage to convince me, I might even end up returning them :p Peace.

wantitbad

Distinguished
May 21, 2010
Thanks everyone, for replying. The reason I said maybe for Crossfire, was cuz I simply cannot afford TWO 5870s at the moment. If I upgrade at a later point in time, will the 650TX suffice? For now I think I'll be satisfied with it.

Winner: jsc :D