Unreal Tournament on Mandrake 10.0 ( LINUX )

Hi,

Can anyone give me some detailed information on what Renderer to choose in
UT to make it run on Linux from within Gnome.

Thanks :)

---
More about unreal tournament mandrake linux

    Flossie enlightened us with:
    > Can anyone give me some detailed information on what Renderer to
    > choose in UT to make it run on Linux from within Gnome.

    OpenGL.

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

    JHall enlightened us with:
    > Nothing more nothing less just OpenGL now that's some prrrreeeettttyyy
    > fine detail! :D

    How much detail can an answer to "what renderer" contain?

    > That's my only BIG drawback to using OGL is that none of the
    > brightness controls in the game or the gamma on the vid card do
    > anything at all to the brightness.

    Never saw that on my Linux box. Sounds like the windoze OpenGL problem
    to me, for which the fix is to use the drivers from
    http://www.unrealtower.org/downloads/24

    On 23 Apr 2004 06:43:33 GMT, MeltDown wrote:

    > OpenGL.
    >
    > MeltDown

    .... and for 3DFX owners...?

    --
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1

    Mr K enlightened us with:
    > ... and for 3DFX owners...?

    Ok, glide for 3DFX owners ;-)

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    Mr K <duffstuff@hotmail.com> Blessed us with

    > On 23 Apr 2004 06:43:33 GMT, MeltDown wrote:
    >
    >> OpenGL.
    >>
    >> MeltDown
    >
    > ... and for 3DFX owners...?

    Yeah 3dfx was coming along half way decent when nVidia stepped up
    and put them out of business. What's going to happen when
    everyone owns an nVidia card? nVidia will cease to sell vid cards
    since everyone has one already then they will either have to keep
    making more advanced cards or let another company take them over
    and change things yet again leaving the nVidia owners in the
    dust!. Just like the 3dfx owners have been left in the dust. It
    also makes programming and application a real pain when trying to
    build compatibility into a product because there are so many
    different versions of hardware out in the wild. Software has to
    be hardware compatible and hardware also has to be software
    compatible!.

    Red leader I've got your back.

    Not with that pea shooter you don't. Here take
    one of my weapons and please try not to shoot me
    in the ass with it!
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    On 23 Apr 2004 11:29:34 GMT, JHall <jhall@playmlec.net> wrote:

    >Yeah 3dfx was coming along half way decent when nVidia stepped up
    >and put them out of business.

    Yeah, telling everyone they didn't need 32bit colour was a great
    business model. They put themselves out of business.

    > What's going to happen when
    >everyone owns an nVidia card? nVidia will cease to sell vid cards
    >since everyone has one already then they will either have to keep
    >making more advanced cards or let another company take them over
    >and change things yet again leaving the nVidia owners in the
    >dust!

    What, you mean exactly the same as the graphics card market has been
    doing for the past ~8 years?

    >. Just like the 3dfx owners have been left in the dust. It
    >also makes programming and application a real pain when trying to
    >build compatibility into a product because there are so many
    >different versions of hardware out in the wild. Software has to
    >be hardware compatible and hardware also has to be software
    >compatible!.

    That is why standards like OpenGL and D3D exist.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    MeltDown <meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.imagination.org> Blessed us
    with news:slrnc8htll.bv5.meltdownUSE@sybren.thirdtower.com:

    > JHall enlightened us with:
    >> Nothing more nothing less just OpenGL now that's some
    >> prrrreeeettttyyy fine detail! :D
    >
    > How much detail can an answer to "what renderer" contain?

    You're right! I was just pointing out the strange simplicity of it.
    It just seemed strange to be so simple.

    >> That's my only BIG drawback to using OGL is that none of the
    >> brightness controls in the game or the gamma on the vid card do
    >> anything at all to the brightness.
    >
    > Never saw that on my Linux box.

    I'm thinking it's not OS related at all but simply vid card related.
    What kind of vid card are you using?

    > Sounds like the windoze OpenGL problem to me, for which the fix
    > is to use the drivers from
    > http://www.unrealtower.org/downloads/24

    I d/l and tried this driver and YUCK! The map I played had black
    stripes all over everything. It looked like a Zebra! and when I
    quit the game to switch back to glide it froze the computer up.
    The brightness control still does absolutely nothing at all. One
    good thing is the fact that this driver didn't do any precaching!
    but I think that is what this Voodoo2 dinosaur needs is precaching
    with OpenGL but not with Glide. Really I would like to just toss
    it in the garbage but then I would have to put a big resource
    eating power hog of a vid card that's not compatible in this box.
    I've been there and tried that with no joy with only a 100 watt
    PSU and that damn onboard video that won't let anything else
    render the desktop. I'm probably going to get flamed for all of
    this so let the fires burn baby!. That's why I'm ending my part
    in this thread here. UT runs great and I've seen it played on
    an nVidia fx5200 and I couldn't tell the difference between it
    and my dinosaur Voodoo2 running a less resource starved and
    less power hungry Glide!.

    Red leader I've got your back.

    Not with that pea shooter you don't. Here take
    one of my weapons and please try not to shoot me
    in the ass with it!
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    On 23 Apr 2004 11:29:34 GMT, JHall wrote:

    > Yeah 3dfx was coming along half way decent when nVidia stepped up
    > and put them out of business. What's going to happen when
    > everyone owns an nVidia card? nVidia will cease to sell vid cards
    > since everyone has one already then they will either have to keep
    > making more advanced cards or let another company take them over
    > and change things yet again leaving the nVidia owners in the
    > dust!. Just like the 3dfx owners have been left in the dust. It
    > also makes programming and application a real pain when trying to
    > build compatibility into a product because there are so many
    > different versions of hardware out in the wild.

    I was only trying to point out that not everyone has an OpenGL-based video
    card.

    > Software has to be hardware compatible and hardware also has to be
    > software compatible!.

    #include "win31.h" /* for backwards compatability */
    #include "winxp.h"
    /* Remove the quotes from the following line when it's safe to do so */
    /* #include "security.h" */
    Procedure win32();
    do
    New software comes out that pushes the hardware
    New hardware comes out that isn't pushed by the current software
    loop

    --
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    > I was only trying to point out that not everyone has an
    > OpenGL-based video card.

    Nah I wasn't getting mad or anything like that just continuing a
    pet rant of mine is all.

    >> Software has to be hardware compatible and hardware also has to
    >> be software compatible!.

    I should have added the two words 'to work' at the end of this
    sentence.

    > #include "win31.h" /* for backwards compatability */ #include
    > "winxp.h" /* Remove the quotes from the following line when it's
    > safe to do so */ /* #include "security.h" */ Procedure win32();
    > do
    > New software comes out that pushes the hardware
    > New hardware comes out that isn't pushed by the current software
    > loop

    But where does it end? and the laws of physics indicate that a
    loop like that can not continue due to things like too much
    voltage, not enough amperage, too much heat, still not enough
    speed so faster clock which produces more heat so lower the
    voltage to overcome that now the voltage is too low for all of the
    other hardware, etc...etc. It really looks like the weak link
    there is the 'New hardware comes out that isn't pushed by the
    current software' because software can be written for any hardware
    but not all of it at the same time and hardware can't always be
    made to keep up with software.

    Red leader I've got your back.

    Not with that pea shooter you don't. Here take
    one of my weapons and please try not to shoot me
    in the ass with it!
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    Andrew <spamtrap@localhost> Blessed us with

    > That is why standards like OpenGL and D3D exist.

    Exactly! Thank god for the standards! :D

    Red leader I've got your back.

    Not with that pea shooter you don't. Here take
    one of my weapons and please try not to shoot me
    in the ass with it!
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    On 23 Apr 2004 12:28:39 GMT, JHall wrote:

    > Nah I wasn't getting mad or anything like that just continuing a pet
    > rant of mine is all.

    Np's. :)

    > But where does it end? and the laws of physics indicate that a loop like
    > that can not continue due to things like too much voltage, not enough
    > amperage, too much heat, still not enough speed so faster clock which
    > produces more heat so lower the voltage to overcome that now the voltage
    > is too low for all of the other hardware, etc...etc.

    This is how it ends...:
    http://www.geocities.com/moreduffstuff/images/wb.jpg

    > It really looks like the weak link there is the 'New hardware comes out
    > that isn't pushed by the current software' because software can be
    > written for any hardware but not all of it at the same time and hardware
    > can't always be made to keep up with software.

    The other arguement is that "Joe Public demands better $ITEM".

    --
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    > This is how it ends...:
    > http://www.geocities.com/moreduffstuff/images/wb.jpg

    WHHOOOA! Is that your rig dude?!? Nice cordless mouse with palm
    pad, recharger stand etc. It's a Logitech isn't it? Is that
    photo supposed to look all yellow or did you use a sun filter
    on the camera indoors?

    >> It really looks like the weak link there is the 'New hardware
    >> comes out that isn't pushed by the current software' because
    >> software can be written for any hardware but not all of it at
    >> the same time and hardware can't always be made to keep up with
    >> software.
    >
    > The other arguement is that "Joe Public demands better $ITEM".

    IIIIIIII'M not going to go there as I got flamed pretty bad in
    another group for doing so!. It does depend on what $ITEM variable
    =. $ITEM = Software or $ITEM = Hardware or $ITEM = Both?

    Red leader I've got your back.

    Not with that pea shooter you don't. Here take
    one of my weapons and please try not to shoot me
    in the ass with it!
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    On 23 Apr 2004 13:18:20 GMT, JHall wrote:

    > WHHOOOA! Is that your rig dude?!?

    Yep. That's one side of "$OBJECT" (so called because I can't be bothered
    thinking up any more original names).

    See also:
    http://www.geocities.com/moreduffstuff/images/pict5272.jpg
    .... the other side (yep, it's that thrilling)

    Also, there's:
    http://www.geocities.com/moreduffstuff/images/home.jpg

    > Nice cordless mouse with palm pad, recharger stand etc. It's a Logitech
    > isn't it?

    Yep. The mouse is an MX700, with an ageing Guinness mousemat. The
    Palmpilot is an ageing IIIxe. :)

    > Is that photo supposed to look all yellow or did you use a sun filter on
    > the camera indoors?

    No, it was due to me using energy-efficient bulbs in the room, and my
    Dimage 5 not being able to handle the odd lightcolour they emit.

    > IIIIIIII'M not going to go there as I got flamed pretty bad in
    > another group for doing so!. It does depend on what $ITEM variable
    >=. $ITEM = Software or $ITEM = Hardware or $ITEM = Both?

    "both". Some new hardware comes out, the software doesn't test the
    hardwares capability. Some new software comes out, the hardware
    requirements are beyond what's currently installed (and sometimes what's
    available too). It's a circle that's broken by $USER seeing sense, or
    $USER_BUDGET is reached.

    --
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    > See also:
    > http://www.geocities.com/moreduffstuff/images/pict5272.jpg ...
    > the other side (yep, it's that thrilling)

    I noticed a USB to PS/2 adapter in this pic. It's green and
    somewhere about the lower part of the pic. Have you switched your
    keyboard over to the USB port? Man you have enough space in that
    thing that I could drive a truck through it no prob!. It's hard to
    fit a razor blade in my minitower! That makes the job of cleaning
    my CPU fan and heat sink really hard without taking the whole
    thing apart. If I had a camera I would take a pic or two of my
    jelopy but my budget has always constrained me from such sins
    as cameras!.

    Red leader I've got your back.

    Not with that pea shooter you don't. Here take
    one of my weapons and please try not to shoot me
    in the ass with it!
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    "MeltDown" <meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.imagination.org> wrote in message
    > Flossie enlightened us with:
    > > Can anyone give me some detailed information on what Renderer to
    > > choose in UT to make it run on Linux from within Gnome.
    >
    > OpenGL.
    >
    > MeltDown
    > --
    > !For all your UT99/2k3/2k4 questions visit UnrealTower's FAQ section:
    > ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    > !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

    A little more help would be appreciated.. if you could possibly post a
    section that i have got to alter to make UT work on Opengl or SDGL ????.

    Thanks

    ---
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    On 23 Apr 2004 17:52:45 GMT, JHall wrote:

    > I noticed a USB to PS/2 adapter in this pic. It's green and
    > somewhere about the lower part of the pic. Have you switched your
    > keyboard over to the USB port?

    Nope, it's the mouse that is now on the USB port.

    > Man you have enough space in that thing that I could drive a truck
    > through it no prob!.

    You're kidding!
    http://www.geocities.com/moreduffstuff/images/pict5278.jpg
    http://www.geocities.com/moreduffstuff/images/pict5281.jpg

    That case has all the space in the wrong place.

    > It's hard to fit a razor blade in my minitower! That makes the job of
    > cleaning my CPU fan and heat sink really hard without taking the whole
    > thing apart.

    Tek it apart y'wuss. :)

    > If I had a camera I would take a pic or two of my jelopy but my budget
    > has always constrained me from such sins as cameras!.

    My first digital camera was meant to be a replacement for a webcam, as I
    already had a Nikon F-801 setup. A week in Malta proved that I'd use a
    digital camera more, as I ended up buying an extra memory card while over
    there. I got the F-801 out once, all week.

    --
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    Mr K enlightened us with:
    > This is how it ends...:
    > http://www.geocities.com/moreduffstuff/images/wb.jpg

    Looks familiar! Check out my rig:
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~stuvel/meltdowns_rig.jpg

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    Flossie enlightened us with:
    > A little more help would be appreciated.. if you could possibly post
    > a section that i have got to alter to make UT work on Opengl or SDGL
    > ????.

    Here is the relevant section from my UnrealTournament.ini.

    [Engine.Engine]
    GameRenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
    WindowedRenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
    RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice

    If you put that in your ~/.loki/ut/System/UnrealTournament.ini, you'll
    be fine.

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    JHall enlightened us with:
    > I'm thinking it's not OS related at all but simply vid card related.
    > What kind of vid card are you using?

    GeForce 3, and I had the brightness problem on Windoze, but not on
    Linux, with the same hardware.

    > I d/l and tried this driver and YUCK! The map I played had black
    > stripes all over everything. It looked like a Zebra!

    Zebras are very nice animals! Don't whine!

    > UT runs great and I've seen it played on an nVidia fx5200 and I
    > couldn't tell the difference between it and my dinosaur Voodoo2
    > running a less resource starved and less power hungry Glide!.

    If it works, don't fix it :)

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 18:19:34 +0000 (UTC), Flossie wrote:

    > A little more help would be appreciated.. if you could possibly post a
    > section that i have got to alter to make UT work on Opengl or SDGL ????.
    >
    > Thanks

    It's a PITA to get Linux UT into OpenGL, but it's possible. It involves
    editing the "UnrealTournament.ini" file, "[Engine.Engine]" section,
    "GameRenderDevice" line from "SDLGLDrv.SDLGLRenderDevice" to
    "OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice".

    --
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    > On 23 Apr 2004 17:52:45 GMT, JHall wrote:
    >
    >> I noticed a USB to PS/2 adapter in this pic. It's green and
    >> somewhere about the lower part of the pic. Have you switched
    >> your keyboard over to the USB port?
    >
    > Nope, it's the mouse that is now on the USB port.

    Does it work any better? ie. do you still have the persistant
    direction prob in UT?

    >> Man you have enough space in that thing that I could drive a
    >> truck through it no prob!.
    >
    > You're kidding!
    > http://www.geocities.com/moreduffstuff/images/pict5278.jpg
    > http://www.geocities.com/moreduffstuff/images/pict5281.jpg
    >
    > That case has all the space in the wrong place.

    A little tight in some spots but if you could see mine you would
    DEFINITELY be glad to have what you have!!!. Your CPU fan blades
    are starting to pick up a little dust and what I do when I have it
    apart is to spray a little Lemon Pledge on a paper towel then wipe
    down the fan blades with it. The Lemon Pledge really does help
    keep a lot of dust off of it. As for the heat sink about 90 p.s.i.
    of compressed air is what I recommend. A dust mask is helpful too
    LOL because the last time I cleaned mine out I got a face full of
    dust and started sneezing for about a half hour or so. :-D Doh!

    >> It's hard to fit a razor blade in my minitower! That makes the
    >> job of cleaning my CPU fan and heat sink really hard without
    >> taking the whole thing apart.
    >
    > Tek it apart y'wuss. :)

    Yeah I do at least twice a year it gets took apart and cleaned if
    it needs it or not and I have no choice but to take it apart. The
    only thing that worries me about taking it apart is the fact that
    I may wear out the screws and the connector plugs and such with
    all of that removing and replacing going on.

    >> If I had a camera I would take a pic or two of my jelopy but my
    >> budget has always constrained me from such sins as cameras!.
    >
    > My first digital camera was meant to be a replacement for a
    > webcam, as I already had a Nikon F-801 setup. A week in Malta
    > proved that I'd use a digital camera more, as I ended up buying
    > an extra memory card while over there. I got the F-801 out once,
    > all week.

    Digital cams are nice! My brother has one but I forget exactly
    what kind it is and it uses a 3.5 floppy diskette. I would use my
    brothers cam to take some pics of my rig but he lives about 650
    miles from me. I've seen the ones that use memory cards and they
    are nice too and even smaller than a 3.5 floppy. Isn't that one
    of the memory cards sitting near the USB/PS/2 adapter?

    Red leader I've got your back.

    Not with that pea shooter you don't. Here take
    one of my weapons and please try not to shoot me
    in the ass with it!
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    On 23 Apr 2004 19:22:56 GMT, MeltDown wrote:

    > Looks familiar! Check out my rig:
    > http://www.xs4all.nl/~stuvel/meltdowns_rig.jpg
    >
    > MeltDown

    I bow in awe of your mess. :)

    --
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    Mr K enlightened us with:
    > I bow in awe of your mess. :)

    I made this one especially for you:
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~stuvel/wideshot-mess-for-mr-k.jpg

    :-D

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    >> Looks familiar! Check out my rig:
    >> http://www.xs4all.nl/~stuvel/meltdowns_rig.jpg

    Nice desktop! Umm...the wallpaper not the mess! :-D

    >> MeltDown
    >
    > I bow in awe of your mess. :)

    OOOOOh! man you'd be on your hands and knees if you saw
    my mess then!!!! :-B MeltDowns place is spotless compared
    to mine! I like his lightbulb though!. That must be what
    he uses for ideal inspiration.

    Red leader I've got your back.

    Not with that pea shooter you don't. Here take
    one of my weapons and please try not to shoot me
    in the ass with it!
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    MeltDown <meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.imagination.org> Blessed us
    with news:slrnc8ithr.hru.meltdownUSE@sybren.thirdtower.com:

    > I made this one especially for you:
    > http://www.xs4all.nl/~stuvel/wideshot-mess-for-mr-k.jpg

    Awww that's clean! I still think my mess is worse but I
    wish I had a camera to prove it! :-B

    Red leader I've got your back.

    Not with that pea shooter you don't. Here take
    one of my weapons and please try not to shoot me
    in the ass with it!
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    JHall enlightened us with:
    > OOOOOh! man you'd be on your hands and knees if you saw my mess
    > then!!!! :-B MeltDowns place is spotless compared to mine! I like
    > his lightbulb though!. That must be what he uses for ideal
    > inspiration.

    Actually, I'm going to put it into my computer. Really! The box is in
    front of an open window. One day, it had been turned off the whole
    night, with the central heating turned off, and it was really foggy
    outside. The computer got damp, and when I turned it on, it short
    circuited, blowing smoke out of the back. The power supply was toast,
    and the 3V lead to the mobo (the bright orange wire) was burnt to a
    crisp - I thought it was a ground wire (a black one) before I saw it was
    literally crispy. Anyways, back to the light bulb. Besides emitting
    light, it also gets warm. If the relay in the power supply that switches
    the main power is a double-sided one, I can let the bulb burn softly
    whenever the computer is turned off, keeping the box warm and dry ;-)

    Of course, I could close the window, but that doesn't really work well
    when sleeping. And it's less fun :D

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    On 23 Apr 2004 19:46:27 GMT, JHall wrote:

    > Does it work any better?

    I notice no difference.

    > ie. do you still have the persistant direction prob in UT?

    Yep, that's still there. :/

    > A little tight in some spots but if you could see mine you would
    > DEFINITELY be glad to have what you have!!!. Your CPU fan blades
    > are starting to pick up a little dust and what I do when I have it
    > apart is to spray a little Lemon Pledge on a paper towel then wipe
    > down the fan blades with it. The Lemon Pledge really does help
    > keep a lot of dust off of it.

    Well, when it's having its next cleanout, I'll bear that in mind. :)

    > As for the heat sink about 90 p.s.i. of compressed air is what I
    > recommend.

    A can of Kenro "air duster" will be sufficient. :)

    > A dust mask is helpful too LOL because the last time I cleaned mine out
    > I got a face full of dust and started sneezing for about a half hour or
    > so. :-D Doh!

    Want dust? Here's a couple of shots I took when I cleaned $OBJECT out last
    time:
    http://www.geocities.com/moreduffstuff/images/pc/pict0658.jpg
    http://www.geocities.com/moreduffstuff/images/pc/pict0661.jpg

    > Yeah I do at least twice a year it gets took apart and cleaned if
    > it needs it or not and I have no choice but to take it apart. The
    > only thing that worries me about taking it apart is the fact that
    > I may wear out the screws and the connector plugs and such with
    > all of that removing and replacing going on.

    When you can, get those screws replaced with thumbscrews:
    http://www.overclock.co.uk/customer/product.php?productid=16180&cat=&page=1

    > Digital cams are nice! My brother has one but I forget exactly
    > what kind it is and it uses a 3.5 floppy diskette.

    That'll be one of the Sony Mavica range. Handy to have cheap readily
    available media, but image quality isn't much.

    > I would use my brothers cam to take some pics of my rig but he lives
    > about 650 miles from me.

    Y'can walk, can't you? ;)

    > I've seen the ones that use memory cards and they are nice too and even
    > smaller than a 3.5 floppy. Isn't that one of the memory cards sitting
    > near the USB/PS/2 adapter?

    Yep. The Dimage 5 and 7's kinda ate batteries for breakfast. As you need
    the camera switched on while you're transfering photos, a cardreader
    became essential. With this in mind, I set about buying a cardreader as
    soon as I'd bought the camera. Thankfully I blindly bought a cardreader
    that's recognised as a mass-storage device.

    I'll spare you the pro-Linux waffle about the cardreader. ;)

    --
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    Mr K enlightened us with:
    > Want dust? Here's a couple of shots I took when I cleaned $OBJECT out last
    > time:

    My desk may be a mess, but my computer is a LOT cleaner :)

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    On 23 Apr 2004 20:02:02 GMT, MeltDown wrote:

    > I made this one especially for you:
    > http://www.xs4all.nl/~stuvel/wideshot-mess-for-mr-k.jpg
    >
    >:-D
    >
    > MeltDown

    That's.... erm...

    .... ... yep.

    --
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    On 23 Apr 2004 20:04:58 GMT, JHall wrote:

    > OOOOOh! man you'd be on your hands and knees if you saw my mess then!!!!
    > :-B MeltDowns place is spotless compared to mine!

    And there I was, worried about the state of my desk.

    > I like his lightbulb though!. That must be what he uses for ideal
    > inspiration.

    *scratches head* *looks at lightbulb for inspiration* *decides to get
    bladdered at pub instead*

    --
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    Mr K enlightened us with:
    > *scratches head* *looks at lightbulb for inspiration* *decides to get
    > bladdered at pub instead*

    LOL :)

    See, it gave you inspiration!

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    On 23 Apr 2004 20:30:47 GMT, MeltDown wrote:

    > My desk may be a mess, but my computer is a LOT cleaner :)
    >
    > MeltDown

    The worst maintained cars on the roads are owned by mechanics. :)

    --
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    > Mr K enlightened us with:
    > > This is how it ends...:
    > > http://www.geocities.com/moreduffstuff/images/wb.jpg
    >
    > Looks familiar! Check out my rig:
    > http://www.xs4all.nl/~stuvel/meltdowns_rig.jpg
    >
    > MeltDown
    > --
    > !For all your UT99/2k3/2k4 questions visit UnrealTower's FAQ section:
    > ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    > !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

    What a god damm mess.. If i had a Digi Cam i`d take a picture and show you
    the mess of my area ;)

    ---
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    JHall enlightened us with:
    > Log: URender::DrawWorld anomaly

    You can say that again... oh, wait, they did!

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    MeltDown <meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.imagination.org> schrieb:

    >Mr K enlightened us with:
    >> I bow in awe of your mess. :)
    >
    >I made this one especially for you:
    >http://www.xs4all.nl/~stuvel/wideshot-mess-for-mr-k.jpg
    >
    >:-D
    >
    >MeltDown

    my desktop looks mostly even worse - my digicam just isnt here...
    but my harddrives are organized perfectly
    ;-)
  36. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    MeltDown <meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.imagination.org> wrote in message news:<slrnc8iv7o.ja3.meltdownUSE@sybren.thirdtower.com>...
    > Mr K enlightened us with:
    > > Want dust? Here's a couple of shots I took when I cleaned $OBJECT out last
    > > time:
    >
    > My desk may be a mess, but my computer is a LOT cleaner :)
    >
    > MeltDown

    Um. I don't understand how you can keep your desk so tidy to be
    honest. You're missing out on at least 3 pizza boxes, several packets
    of sweets (eaten) and stacks of Muller crunch corners.... (yeah, they
    stack well).

    Oh wow, a packet of cigs too... and I gave up over a year a go...

Virus Games Linux Video Games