Sign in with
Your question

Need help from EXPERTS

Last response: in Components
September 7, 2010 7:46:24 AM

HI i have a common problem just common solutions didnt helped me.I get freezes in CERTAIN games(image will freeze sometimes pixelated sometimes a repeating sound like beeping u know what i mean)
borderlands-freezes in about 1-30 min
call of duty modern warfare 2 1-60 min
starcraft 2 -NO FREEZE
unreal tournament-NO FREEZE
need for speed shift NO FREEZE
singularity-NO freeze
disciple 3 3SEC-20 sec max instant freeze
i just wrote a list of games( i mention all games were tested on max settings) to show its not a problem that appears on certain games , i dont know if it has any relevance but i did notice that all games that use unreal engine 3 dont freeze hmmmm
ANYWAY my PC specifications:
assus P5Q motherboard
intel Q9550 @ 2.83 ghz overclocked currently @4.15 ghz at 1.26 v( i have to mention since i overclocked it games freeze much later then usual )
2x2gb Mushkin pc-6400 just trade them 2 months ago STUPID mistake i thought i had faulty ram i had 2x2 corsair pc 8500 and trade them for this slower ones im so pissed and problem wasnt about them obviosly :fou: 
9800 GT video card Sparkle i quess
corsair 650 W power source
huge Scythe pcu cooler
what i tried till now:
checked ram with ramtest no problems found
tested cpu with prime 95 temp stay under 75 68-72 at full load no errors there 41 at idle
GPU temp tends to 75 during heavy gaming but again i have to mention during MW2 it goet over 78 and still game never freezes and tried many times playing Borderlands with rivatuner seetings on gpu fan at 100 % that resulting in a MAX temp during games under 58 but still pc freezes same time as usual so overheating the gpu isnot the problem
calculated pc's power needs on 100 % loads came with an 586 W even aded that 40 % looses when calculated still my psu is 650W
i have windows 7 64 bits ultimate tested games on xp sp3 32 bits too same problem game freezes
i dont know what is the problem HERE
all im asking if someone know a answer or another test sugestion coz i want to buy a new video card thats my last choice maybe i have a bad card ( still card worked fine for 6 months :?) but dont wanna pay 400 $ and problem to be from something else that will suck so much

More about : experts

September 7, 2010 8:20:57 AM

Well your vcore is 1.26, @ 4.15 ghz, it seems too low, why dont you try to increase the vcore-
September 7, 2010 9:13:24 AM

coz it will raise temp,anyway weirdly i must admit its very stable but i said it freezed more when it wasnt overclocked
anyway i will try today a fresh instal of win 7 64 bit ultimate format all drives put all new drivers and see what happens
Related resources
September 7, 2010 9:13:58 AM

and will underclock it to 3.2ghz to be safer
September 7, 2010 10:00:53 AM

Yeah, you could try that-
keep us posted-
September 7, 2010 12:18:37 PM

4.15Ghz is very fast. Probably you are running other buses too quickly. Yes, I would defo drop the CPU speed.
September 7, 2010 12:18:56 PM

Oh no, I'm not an expert.
September 7, 2010 12:29:19 PM

Your vcore is to low for that speed. And that is a bit high of a bus to run with that cpu mobo combo.

I got to say 99% your OC is unstable, if it can pass prime 95 blend for 8 hours then its stable, if not then you know where the issue is.
September 7, 2010 1:06:10 PM

Like i said, increase your vcore or decrease your oc.
Anyway, 4.15 ghz, is really high. your ram will be linked and that could cause instability, the frequency would be very high.
September 7, 2010 4:22:00 PM

just reinstalled windows all drivers and borderlands(coz i really like the game:) ) and i format all drives and putted(dont laugh)a air fan huge one used for room cooling directly at my pc around 20 cm distance with open case and removed AA ussually i would play around 4x or 2 x and WIERDLY game didnt crash :| i played for 2 h today witout any problem I WAS SO HAPPY:D  them my wife came from work and said she wants to play puzzle dimension again its a small game without big requirements and in 3 min it crashed restarted PC and i notice that grafic settings in that game was 4 x AA.COULD IT be an AA(antialiasing) problem?
September 7, 2010 5:00:19 PM

You have been told what the problem is, Quit being stubborn, and ignorant, or go fly as kite.

Your running your 800 ram @ 1037, problem 1

Your running you bus @ 518 problem 2. That high of a bus wont run stable no matter how stubborn you are.
September 7, 2010 5:01:37 PM

kshuxxx said:
just reinstalled windows all drivers and borderlands(coz i really like the game:) ) and i format all drives and putted(dont laugh)a air fan huge one used for room cooling directly at my pc around 20 cm distance with open case and removed AA ussually i would play around 4x or 2 x and WIERDLY game didnt crash :| i played for 2 h today witout any problem I WAS SO HAPPY:D  them my wife came from work and said she wants to play puzzle dimension again its a small game without big requirements and in 3 min it crashed restarted PC and i notice that grafic settings in that game was 4 x AA.COULD IT be an AA(antialiasing) problem?

Thats unlikely, but could be !
try w/o it.
September 7, 2010 5:15:18 PM

how do you test your cpu stability?
September 7, 2010 5:39:10 PM

WTF? i said i reinstaled windows and previosly i said i will underclock it to 3.2 ghz and problem isnt from tweaking the voltages coz it had been freeezing way back since i started to overclock it ps she played that game with AA off and still freezed this time after 20 min this is geting so ANOING....last chanche COULD it be from bad hardware configuration...i mean p5q and q9550 and gt9800 or something like that...this is geting dumb allready...:|
September 7, 2010 5:43:03 PM

@ obsidian86 : i tested PC with ramtest 64 bit, prime 95 ,and stability test realtemp core temp and voltages nothing wrong there im one step to smash it with a rock
September 7, 2010 5:51:39 PM

@daship NEWTON my rams run at 800 mhz at 1:1FSB:D RAM ratio they are dual channel so they will run at twice the bus speed wich is 2x400 mhz anyway i can raise the bus speed as much i want and the cpu suports it coz my version of bios has options of manually setting the ratio and frequences of them so they will run at what speed i want and 800 they allways runned CPU-z shows that every day
September 7, 2010 6:06:55 PM

update: tomorow a friend will come to change his cpu he wil upgrade from an q6600 to an q9650 and he has an 9600 gt i will swich it with the 9800 gt change rams with him too to see if any of them dont work with my mobo ...it sounds stupid but i runned out of ideas MAYBE someone have some new ideas in mind ...let me know....will repost in 12-16 h
...... PS @55Range i see u own an 460 gtx how come u dont have problems with such a low psu? i hearded that 400 series are so hungry for power???
September 7, 2010 6:57:25 PM

kshuxxx said:
...... PS @55Range i see u own an 460 gtx how come u dont have problems with such a low psu? i hearded that 400 series are so hungry for power???

The GTX460 only needs about 160w, not as power hungry as you "hearded".
September 7, 2010 7:08:25 PM

LOL !
@ mousemonkey -You are not been nice to a guy in distress, joking :D 
Yeah, gtx 460 is not power hungry, even if it was, i have a CM power duo 650. No worries here-

Btw, why dont you try to remove your oc, run it a stock speeds-
September 7, 2010 7:08:33 PM

Mousemonkey said:
The GTX460 only needs about 160w, not as power hungry as you "hearded".

thx for the information mousemonkey :) 
September 7, 2010 7:10:21 PM

i will try it tomorow 55Range but i say it again i got like 10 times more freezes when it was at normal speed ..anyway i will try it thx for the sugestion :) 
ps that means my curent configuration will suport an 460 gtx just fine right?
September 7, 2010 7:51:20 PM

Yeah sure-
September 7, 2010 10:25:14 PM

agrred, a good 600w psu, see mine below, will suffice with any graphics card on the market. you only need to think about the big 1000w big boys for 400/5000 series running SLI/Crossfire
!