Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 - mobo compatibility?

bzrk

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2011
I'm not sure if this is the relevant forum for a question like this, but my motherboard recently died and I was looking to replace it. It doesn't look like Newegg sells it anymore so I was looking to get something new while being compatible with my current processor. I'm not sure what specs you are supposed to match between the two parts, and I don't want to buy something that won't work. I am going to assume, though, that all I need to do is get an Intel and match the socket type?

Any advice is much appreciated, this is the link to my processor if it helps.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115037

bzrk

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2011
I'm running 4 sticks of RAM so I'll have to go with the more expensive option. My only concern is alot of the reviews for that Supermicro say it's difficult to configure and I'm worried I may run into issues. So am I just looking for an Intel LGA 775, and anything beyond that should be compatible? I wasn't clear if my video card or other hardware made any difference.

Thanks alot for the help my man.

Noworldorder

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Supermicro is not that hard - different though.
yes, knowing your card made a big difference because it eliminated most of the boards because it's a PCI2.0x16.
As for SLI....I can't find one anywhere but it's not the end of the world, if you have to have SLI, all I can suggest is to try to find a used board.