Boot Stuck

rajib122

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2011
Now when i try to boot i get to the start up screen where is a option to hit tab for the post screen or del to go to the bios.
well if you hit tab it takes you to the post screen and gives you the options of hit f8 for boot menu or del fot bios so i hit del and it ays loading and hangs just says loading for (forever) never loads bios and if i hit the f8 for boot menu same thing hangs and wont boot so is my mother board frigged or what any help would be great thanks alot guys...

My Xp was currupted and i tried to install XP from cd. Not delete or format the partition i tried to setup deleting the previous Xp and install it because i have some important thing on c drive. After copied all of the file it reboot and get and the problem start.

I tried unplugged DVD rom and Hard disk. When I unplugged Sata cable from Hard disk it says that select a proper device and boot again and I can access Boot menu by pressing del

Now my question is that is my hard disk damage? What I will do?
NB: Sorry about my english
Please Help me

EnderWiggin

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
If you can't get into the BIOS properly, you need to first fix that problem. Download the latest BIOS for your motherboard or computer on the manufacturer's website and update the BIOS.

Once you can enter the BIOS properly, then try re-installing Windows on your hard disk. If you really suspect that the hard drive is damaged (failing), look for the manufacture's boot-able diagnostic tool and scan the entire hard drive before re-installing Windows. If you get any errors, buy a new hard drive.

darren2011

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
you need a storage device connected in order to initiate an install.... cd/dvd drive is an optical media device but where as your HDD is a mass storage device unplugging both of those and the machine wont have anything to recongnize so you need to have dvd drive connected in orer to read your xp cd and your HDD connected in order for the information to be copied over from cd to HDD to ensure complete install of OS, also you need to back up important data you want to safe keep onto an external device and then make a fresh clean install of operating system... I hope that helps your problem