OCZ Vertex 4 + Z77 Asrock Extreme4 Compatibility?

vinsonc11

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
I need an SSD to go with my new build. The motherboard is a Z77 Asus Asrock Extreme4. I'm not sure if the vertex 4 is compatible with my mobo. Is the vertex 4 a good bang for buck ssd? If not, please tell me in the replies.
Thanks for any replies :)

Solution
The Vertex 4 is a very good SSD. One of the fastest drives on the market priced very competitively.
And it is compatible with the AsRock Z77 Extreme4, if you need proof, the fact I am answering this right now should prove it (I have the Vertex 4 and Extreme4 in my rig).
The Vertex 4 is a very good SSD. One of the fastest drives on the market priced very competitively.
And it is compatible with the AsRock Z77 Extreme4, if you need proof, the fact I am answering this right now should prove it (I have the Vertex 4 and Extreme4 in my rig).

Solution

vinsonc11

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012

Thanks :) it's also a lot faster than the Samsung 830 right?

Both are roughly the same. When you get this high up the SSD ladder, there is never going to be a clear winner. The Vertex will win in one benchmark, then another drive will win in the next, etc. Then throw in the complication that both drives will have firmware updates that will improve performance. So its not as easy as saying one is better, but either will be fine. I would (and have) personally go with the Vertex 4.

Heres a review of the Vertex 4 with the newest firmware, 1.5. Just keep in mind to compare the scores of similar capacity SSD's. Due to the technology behind it all, higher capacity drives perform better than lower capacity ones.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6074/ocz-vertex-4-review-128gb/6

youneeq

Honorable
Sep 9, 2012
That's funny, I have almost the same HW setup as you, manofchalk. Same mb, proc, mem, 1TB Seagate and the 128GB Vertex 4. Can't say how reliable it is because I've just replaced my Vertex 3 with the Vertex 4 abt a week ago but I'm definately satisfied with it's performance/compatibility so far. I'ved owned multiple Vertex 1's, V2's and V3's over the years too and been fairly happy. It just seems with OCZ, since they try to be the first out the gate with the latest tech, they tend to have buggy/underperforming firmware early on. At least that's been my experience. Pretty happy with my first AsRock mb too.