Solved

Memory timming noob question

I'm sure someone asks this 10,000 times a day, but I'm going to ask anyway because I'm tired of searching the web. I have Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1333 1.65v cas 7-7-7-20 memory, but at stock settings it runs at 1.5v 9-9-9-24 on my mobo. I bumped the voltage to 1.63v (1.67v is the next setting and its red) and my cas is still running at 9-9-9-24. Do I need to manually set the timming? Do I just change the four values? do I run it in dct0, dct1, or both? should I run it in 1T? Will this make my computer that much faster to get the Cas down? Once again sorry for all the questions.

8gb Kingston ddr3 1333 (KHX1333C7D3K2/4GX)
MSI 870-g54
AMD 955 b.e.
XFX HD5870
Cougar sx700 psu
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about memory timming noob question
  1. Best answer
    You will gain very little in performance by tightening the timings, which yes, does require higher voltage (just raising voltage only....raises voltage). I suggest you leave it on Auto for all of the 2% you may get out of but, if you must fuss...
    try 1.63v and 7-7-7-20. The worst that can happen is it won't boot and you'll have to put everything back on Auto.
    Cheers!
  2. So do I just change those four (tcl,trcd,trp,tras) values? should it be dct0,dct1, or both? I just want to learn. I dont have a problem with running it on auto though.
  3. tcl,trcd,trp,tras
  4. Best answer selected by cadillacchad.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Kingston