Sign in with
Your question

Palit New Warranty Policy (Currently for USA/Canada only)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 1, 2010 5:08:02 PM

:hello: 

I understand that alot of consumers are not satisfy with our 1 year parts and labor warranty. Palit has recently decided to bump it to 2 years warranty which only applies for the US/Canada Market only.

Any other region will still be 1 year warranty.

We will change our policy and transit within 1-2 weeks from today.
Although this is not what alot of you want (lifetime warranty) but we have went out of our way to increase it without having a global changes in our policy.
But (lifetime warranty) is not out of the question and will still be continued to be pushed for.

Thank you.
June 1, 2010 9:13:14 PM

That's good news. It may not be the lifetime warranty that many were asking about, but it's a step in the right direction.
June 2, 2010 10:30:08 PM

Do you guys have Step Up program like eVGA or BFG?
Related resources
June 3, 2010 12:02:33 AM

1. BFG don't do video card anymore. Out of business.

2. Sorry we do not have any Step Up Program. But if the card is discontinued and your card is defective within the warranty. We usually replace with same or better video card. We will do something in the future regarding the Step Up Program.

Thanks
June 3, 2010 1:59:27 AM

Well, do you know what card can compete in terms of price/performance with the ATI Radeon 5770?

I want a card that has a temperature of around 70C-80C when at full load

I used to have a Radeon 5850 and it was running pretty cool at around 40C-50C idle, and it would go to 70C-80C at load

What is the best company out there doing nVidia cards?
I mean in terms of heatsinks, ventilators

Those Nvidia cards make a lot of noise and they produce a lot of heat

I burned my Soundblaster Fatal1ty with that, and I also burned the motherboard

I used to have GTX 295 SLI

Sold them both
June 8, 2010 12:02:08 PM

Somehow I knew this would eventually happen. Before jumping the gun, I'm not being a "Negative Nancy" here. I'm simply not surprised.

I'm actually kind of relieved Palit finally realized the value which warranties present to consumers. It really was just a matter of time before this happened in order to remain as competitive as possible in the North American market. And as aford10 stated, it's definitely a step in the right direction.
June 9, 2010 2:51:11 PM

anything goin to change globally?
June 9, 2010 3:18:34 PM

mjsharma said:
anything goin to change globally?

No

palitusa said:
:hello: 

"......only applies for the US/Canada Market only."

Any other region will still be 1 year warranty.

"......we have went out of our way to increase it without having a global changes in our policy.

Thank you.

June 9, 2010 4:58:33 PM

Correct. We only provide this for US/Canada Market at the moment.

Our focus is the US/Canada so any international policy regarding warranties will be handled differently.
June 10, 2010 4:40:47 AM

Very good news, hopefully Palit will consider giving the 2 years to all countries later down the road.
June 10, 2010 5:21:31 PM

UPDATES:

Anybody who order prior to June 1st 2010 will not have 2 years warranty added. I am sorry but there has to be a cut off date or else there would be alot of confusion.

Thank you.
June 13, 2010 9:21:00 AM

. . .only applies for the US/Canada Market only. In our country defective cards are not easily replace you have to pass lots of waste time.
June 14, 2010 1:14:59 AM

Is Nvidia going to release a card to compete with the ATI Radeon 5670?
June 14, 2010 7:49:23 PM

They released one that competes with that almost 3 years ago in terms of game performance - the 8800GT. The reincarnations of it, the 9800GT, performs similarly as well. Granted, they're both DirectX 10 cards, but there still aren't many DirectX 11 games. NVidia seems focused on the high-end of the market when it comes to DirectX 11 cards, and I can't really blame them. DirectX 11 can be rather demanding on graphics cards, so many of the mid-range ATI 5000-series offerings don't perform very well when DirectX 11 is enabled.
June 19, 2010 1:11:31 PM

man, I live in the Philippines and my PALIT 9800 GT 1GB Green Edition's warranty is almost over! there's no other company with more than 1 year warranty; COME ON PALIT; make ur brand a special standing out one in the philippines!
June 21, 2010 4:30:36 PM

I understand your concern. I think that is the reason why we are testing our warranty policy here in the US first. Don't know how long other will follow.

Thanks
June 21, 2010 4:53:31 PM

u make quality products... so bring the warranty up... many ppl think twice b4 buyin cos of this warranty thing... PALIT roxx...but just a warranty prob.. i hope PALIT ll bring up warranty world wide... :) 
June 22, 2010 10:37:58 AM

HELL, atleast this manufacturer manufactures their own products! That makes PALIT one of the best IMO.

PALIT also seems to be the one most popular vidoecard manufacturers here in the Philippines, and if u get a bigger warranty, I bet ur sales here will increase TENFOLD!
June 30, 2010 8:20:05 AM

wilem_WAR246810 said:
PALIT also seems to be the one most popular vidoecard manufacturers here in the Philippines

That's not surprising. Palit is huge in the Asia-Pacific region.
July 4, 2010 6:34:24 PM

does changing thermal paste void warranty if the sticker didnt break? :D 
July 6, 2010 5:30:13 PM

wilem_WAR246810 said:
HELL, atleast this manufacturer manufactures their own products! That makes PALIT one of the best IMO.

PALIT also seems to be the one most popular vidoecard manufacturers here in the Philippines, and if u get a bigger warranty, I bet ur sales here will increase TENFOLD!

If all goes well in here in the US. Definitely will consider making a world wide policy. :bounce:  :bounce: 
July 6, 2010 5:31:44 PM

ubernoobie said:
does changing thermal paste void warranty if the sticker didnt break? :D 

No, changing thermal paste dont void the warranty. But if we find damages to the GPU or circuits then of course that would void the warranty. Usually physical damage will void warranty regardless.
July 13, 2010 3:51:57 PM

palitusa said:
No, changing thermal paste dont void the warranty. But if we find damages to the GPU or circuits then of course that would void the warranty. Usually physical damage will void warranty regardless.

Omg, I love you guys, what thermal paste you guys use? When I switched to ocz freeze, only 1C difference :heink: 
July 13, 2010 4:27:51 PM

MX-2 shaved off 3c for me =)
July 13, 2010 4:35:41 PM

To be honest. I can't really tell the difference in many of thermal paste that I used.

But yes, just becareful

**Steady hands**
July 14, 2010 9:17:09 PM

Ok i'ma reapply since I don't want to feel like I wasted 5 bucks to beat stock thermal paste by 1C :D . For those people that think 2 years warranty is still small compared to evga, evga is a much smaller company world wide. Anyways, if you guys produce your own video cards, I have another reason to like palit since they do not buy from foxconn and we all know how bad foxconn's factories are like
July 15, 2010 10:58:34 PM

Evga no.1 here in the US Market for NVIDIA so much respect to them. :) 

With XFX(lebron james) defecting to ATI, it will be a interesting next holiday season.

July 17, 2010 5:57:38 PM

palitusa said:

how can i change thermal paste without remove the warranty label?
so can i also use an aftermarket heatsink?

i just bought a gtx460 sonic and i found out that the heat-sink for the standard version is inferior to the platinum edition and has no heat-pipes.
July 19, 2010 4:23:37 PM

This is review of GTX460 without "heat-sink".
All our GTX460 does not have heatsink. Only engineer sample has them and it was sent to UK review which is unrelated if you buy from the US market.

"Editor's Choice"

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/palit_gtx460_so...
July 19, 2010 10:16:32 PM

palitusa said:
This is review of GTX460 without "heat-sink".
All our GTX460 does not have heatsink. Only engineer sample has them and it was sent to UK review which is unrelated if you buy from the US market.

"Editor's Choice"

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/palit_gtx460_so...

ok i understood that but how can i change thermal paste without remove the warranty label?
July 19, 2010 11:53:26 PM

Try to peel if off gently. The only reason why we have that seal is for customer who tampered with the GPU. Just breaking the seal will only delay RMA process because we will check to make sure the GPU is not damaged. But if you must add your own cooling or paste then just make sure you do not Physically damage anything then it should be okay. :) 

Thanks.
July 20, 2010 1:46:10 AM

thank you very much, it was just what i wanted to hear ;) 
July 20, 2010 3:17:52 AM

palitusa said:
Try to peel if off gently. The only reason why we have that seal is for customer who tampered with the GPU. Just breaking the seal will only delay RMA process because we will check to make sure the GPU is not damaged. But if you must add your own cooling or paste then just make sure you do not Physically damage anything then it should be okay. :) 

Thanks.

No offense, but is the customer rep who hollywood1 may have to deal with, going to take the same stance if the card needs to be returned?
July 20, 2010 4:44:10 PM

aford10 said:
No offense, but is the customer rep who hollywood1 may have to deal with, going to take the same stance if the card needs to be returned?

People will remove and add their thermal paste or custom cooler regardless if I tell them not to. I was simply stating that if you going to do it, make sure you are careful and do not cause Physical damage as it will void your warranty.

Palit product is base on extreme overclocking and custom build cooler as default. You will hardly see a Palit standard PCB design nowadays. We encourage you to tweak the card but at your own risk and know the "standard warranty policy" which apply to all video card manufacturer.
July 21, 2010 12:33:56 AM

It's good to see that warranty policies are more relaxed than we thought. Obviously if you physically damage the GPU then it's your own problem :)  I assume that the policy is similar in other regions (except for warranty period)?
July 21, 2010 4:13:44 PM

randomizer said:
It's good to see that warranty policies are more relaxed than we thought. Obviously if you physically damage the GPU then it's your own problem :)  I assume that the policy is similar in other regions (except for warranty period)?

Yes definitely. But I'm sure all manufacturer has that standard "No Physically Damage policy".
July 27, 2010 1:51:22 AM

Does the gtx 460 1gb sonic and 460 sonic platinum have the same cooling solution?
July 27, 2010 4:29:52 PM

The GTX 460 Sonic platinum has a heatsink while the GTX 460 Sonic don't. That is why there is a price difference.

If you pay to add custom solution it will probably cost you more. :) 
July 27, 2010 4:47:26 PM

How comparable is the sonic to a reference gtx460 temperature wise? Seeing as they are similarly priced, I ordered two them so I hope they don't get too hot or else I may return them.
July 27, 2010 10:45:02 PM

It should be better as far as design and length of the card. I cannot tell you the precise difference as it depends on what you are testing with and comparing them with.
August 2, 2010 2:36:13 PM

palitusa said:
The GTX 460 Sonic platinum has a heatsink while the GTX 460 Sonic don't. That is why there is a price difference.

If you pay to add custom solution it will probably cost you more. :) 

Really? Just... Really???

If it doesn't have a heatsink, how the heck does it stay cool? Is the fan on it just blowing air over an exposed GPU and RAM modules? As if that would work...

The pictures on the Palit website are almost identical, and both have heatsinks. (The only noticeable difference is the Platinum has a heatpipe-based heatsink, whereas the Sonic has no such heatpipe, and instead uses a finned and perhaps anodized aluminum or copper heatsink.)

The only other difference I can find is the obviously more aggressive factory overclock of the Platinum.

Take a look for yourself.

Sonic

Sonic Platinum
August 2, 2010 4:22:34 PM

RazberyBandit said:
Really? Just... Really???

If it doesn't have a heatsink, how the heck does it stay cool? Is the fan on it just blowing air over an exposed GPU and RAM modules? As if that would work...

The pictures on the Palit website are almost identical, and both have heatsinks. (The only noticeable difference is the Platinum has a heatpipe-based heatsink, whereas the Sonic has no such heatpipe, and instead uses a finned and perhaps anodized aluminum or copper heatsink.)

The only other difference I can find is the obviously more aggressive factory overclock of the Platinum.

Take a look for yourself.

Sonic
http://www.palit.biz/product/vga/picture/p01340/p01340_bigimage_6764c3a7a2196331.jpg

Sonic Platinum
http://www.palit.biz/product/vga/picture/p01341/p01341_bigimage_12884c3a7a3d7740b.jpg

I was referring to the Heatpipe. Sorry.
August 17, 2010 10:03:01 PM

The european law states that a minimum of 2 years of guarantee should be granted on internal computer hardware. So you would have to give eu citizens 2 years of guarantee. (wich gives dell and apple no rights to only offer 1 year of guarantee.)

In the netherlands you even need to have guarantee in a normal lifetime of a product altough that should be settled with the seller.
August 28, 2010 4:39:03 PM

would it be worth purchasing the VRM heatsinks for the Sonic Platinum since you don't include them with the retail version? and would putting heatsinks on the VRM void any warranty?

and I just want to be clear, its a 2 year parts and labor warranty for the US/Canada? i just can't find anything on the Palit website so it makes me worry.
November 24, 2010 5:01:14 PM

Does the standard version of GTX 460 Sonic 1GB has the black metal heatsink that cools the voltage regulation circuitry like in platinum version?
November 29, 2010 7:53:27 PM

Please note that ALL GTX460 does not have the VRM heatsink.

If you find a brand or manufacturer that provide VRM heatsink on their GTX460.

Please let us know.

Thank you.
April 21, 2011 7:20:21 PM

Yeah beware... Palits warranty does not cover the heatsink. My fan broke while it was spinning since it's so brittle and I emailed them and they refused to replace it. Claiming I need to send it back to an online retailer I bought it from who tells me I need to send it back to palit for the warranty. Right now I just have a random computer fan strapped to the heat sink. Which actually seems to be doing ab etter job then the stock fan =/.
June 30, 2011 12:14:45 PM

I also broke the fan blade on this cheap piece of crap fan system. A 2gb palit 460, 2gb mind you which will always heat up more due to it's supposed use, more memory more use, and there is NO heatsink application on the ram on the backside!!!!

So, this being said, one day I was taking off a usb cable internally and it hit the fan, and voila 2 dead blades. I took off the heatsink, added 8 memory coolers I built myself from an old GPU heatsink cut into pieces, and then took 2 80mm fans and mounted them onto the heatsink. they are 12v so I coupled them together with solder and linked to a normal MOLEX power connecter internally.

I did a FI FO configuration, fan blowing onto the card and vrm units near the power connectors, and fan blowing out near the case edge. Then I use a cd case top and tilt it 30-35° from center to edge up near case exterior, and I have myself a blow out system. It actually keeps the card MUCH cooler 15-25°C overall than what came with it.

Plait should sell the copper pipe dual fan system the 560Ti has, as I bought that, and wow it is great.

I think Palit is a really interesting company, especially with the 2GB ram option (for 3dsmax gpu rendering, after effects, and premiere pro etc, can't be beaten) but that useless cooling system on the 2gb 460 should be recalled and everyone who wants another fan of higher quality should be allowed to have it!

!