Palit New Warranty Policy (Currently for USA/Canada only)

palitusa

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
:hello:

I understand that alot of consumers are not satisfy with our 1 year parts and labor warranty. Palit has recently decided to bump it to 2 years warranty which only applies for the US/Canada Market only.

Any other region will still be 1 year warranty.

We will change our policy and transit within 1-2 weeks from today.
Although this is not what alot of you want (lifetime warranty) but we have went out of our way to increase it without having a global changes in our policy.
But (lifetime warranty) is not out of the question and will still be continued to be pushed for.

Thank you.

palitusa

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
1. BFG don't do video card anymore. Out of business.

2. Sorry we do not have any Step Up Program. But if the card is discontinued and your card is defective within the warranty. We usually replace with same or better video card. We will do something in the future regarding the Step Up Program.

Thanks

rafarataneneces

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Well, do you know what card can compete in terms of price/performance with the ATI Radeon 5770?

I want a card that has a temperature of around 70C-80C when at full load

I used to have a Radeon 5850 and it was running pretty cool at around 40C-50C idle, and it would go to 70C-80C at load

What is the best company out there doing nVidia cards?
I mean in terms of heatsinks, ventilators

Those Nvidia cards make a lot of noise and they produce a lot of heat

I burned my Soundblaster Fatal1ty with that, and I also burned the motherboard

I used to have GTX 295 SLI

Sold them both

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
Somehow I knew this would eventually happen. Before jumping the gun, I'm not being a "Negative Nancy" here. I'm simply not surprised.

I'm actually kind of relieved Palit finally realized the value which warranties present to consumers. It really was just a matter of time before this happened in order to remain as competitive as possible in the North American market. And as aford10 stated, it's definitely a step in the right direction.

No

palitusa

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
UPDATES:

Anybody who order prior to June 1st 2010 will not have 2 years warranty added. I am sorry but there has to be a cut off date or else there would be alot of confusion.

Thank you.

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
They released one that competes with that almost 3 years ago in terms of game performance - the 8800GT. The reincarnations of it, the 9800GT, performs similarly as well. Granted, they're both DirectX 10 cards, but there still aren't many DirectX 11 games. NVidia seems focused on the high-end of the market when it comes to DirectX 11 cards, and I can't really blame them. DirectX 11 can be rather demanding on graphics cards, so many of the mid-range ATI 5000-series offerings don't perform very well when DirectX 11 is enabled.

wilem_WAR246810

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
man, I live in the Philippines and my PALIT 9800 GT 1GB Green Edition's warranty is almost over! there's no other company with more than 1 year warranty; COME ON PALIT; make ur brand a special standing out one in the philippines!

mjsharma

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
u make quality products... so bring the warranty up... many ppl think twice b4 buyin cos of this warranty thing... PALIT roxx...but just a warranty prob.. i hope PALIT ll bring up warranty world wide... :)

wilem_WAR246810

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
HELL, atleast this manufacturer manufactures their own products! That makes PALIT one of the best IMO.

PALIT also seems to be the one most popular vidoecard manufacturers here in the Philippines, and if u get a bigger warranty, I bet ur sales here will increase TENFOLD!

palitusa

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010

If all goes well in here in the US. Definitely will consider making a world wide policy. :bounce: :bounce:

palitusa

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010

No, changing thermal paste dont void the warranty. But if we find damages to the GPU or circuits then of course that would void the warranty. Usually physical damage will void warranty regardless.

ubernoobie

Distinguished
May 29, 2009

Omg, I love you guys, what thermal paste you guys use? When I switched to ocz freeze, only 1C difference :heink: