Monitor has no power

nvidiafanboi

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
ok, so i was playing my PC the other day and the door went, by some freak occurence my jumper got caught on the monitor and pull it off my desk and it hit the floor. it fell backwards onto its back. the female 3 pin power cable sticks out at the back and i think it landed squarely onto it shunting it into into the monitor.

now it will not power up. i am convinced this is the problem and the screen is fine.

are there any easy fixes for this without forking out for a technician to do a, i hope, simple job.

any help appreciated

Regards

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
Take off the back panel to investigate further. It could be as simple as some soldered connections coming loose, or as severe as the plug breaking the PCB it's mounted on. Only one way to find out for sure.

Wamphryi

Distinguished
I think that unless you have the technical experience to service a screen then you should not open it up. If you did have the experience then you wouldnt need to ask questions here. There is risk of electric shock or perhaps fire if something isnt right when you put it back together. It could catch fire even in Standby mode. Dont risk your home and or your life (and others no doubt) stinting on a few bucks to get it checked out.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007

This would be the case if he was tearing the thing apart, but I was just suggesting removing the plastic bezel from the rear of the monitor and doing some quick visual inspecting. It's up to him however, and I do agree there are risks involved if you don't follow proper safety procedures.

TRENDING THREADS