New build, few questions post build.

silvernova0

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
So when ever I start up my system, it runs for a few seconds, around 4-5 then turns off for about 2, then starts back up and boots like normal, does it EVERY time, nothing crashing or anything wondering if it is my psu isn't powerful enough. Nothing is overclocked at all.
Specs-
Core i5 750
4GB DDR3 (2GB x2)
500GB 7200RPM HD
EVGA P55 SLi motherboard
HAF 922 Case with 2x 200mm, 3x 120mm fans
DVD Burner
XFX HD 5850 video card
650watt Thermaltake Toughpower PSU

Also wondering about CPU temps with the stock heatsink on the i5, after playing with the heatsink a little and getting it nicely snug in place, idle I get around 33degress celcius, it shut off once due to temps, it hit around 95degrees but that is because the heatsink got loose. Haven't been able to find out what the temps are at full load yet sadly :( haven't wanted to buy any benchmarking software and didn't know of any good free stuff.

PCmark should bench it pretty good for you.

33c is normal and load i would say ~40c would be normal.

The turning off and back on is a memory compatbility problem if I remember right. What kind of memory is it?

I've actually heard of a motherboard where dual channel did not work. Check your BIOS and make sure it's in dual channel and also make sure you setup your RAM to the proper voltage and CAS settings. just never go past 1.5volts on intel core CPUs.

silvernova0

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
I couldn't find any settings in my bios to say "Dual Channel" which is weird to me because every computer I have had in the past has had that option. it is set to 1.5 volts, I tried to use the dummy O.C. in bios, and it wants me to underclock my ram, think maybe my ram really wasn't made, but advertised for 1333mhz? Want to figure this out, it is bugging me x.x

silvernova0

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010

I didn't get to reapply thermal paste afterwards because I am not one of those lucky enough to have a decent computer shop in town, and the system I bought, had....pre applied thermal paste... x.x;;;;