P8p67 i5-2500k memory help

G

Hello,Hi can anyone recomend a memory kit for a Asus p8p69 Pro/I5 2500k, i was thinking to go for 16gb, would it be best to go 2x8gb (which seem to be rare) or go with a 4x4gb kit?

highpsi

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
Hello,Hi can anyone recomend a memory kit for a Asus p8p69 Pro/I5 2500k, i was thinking to go for 16gb, would it be best to go 2x8gb (which seem to be rare) or go with a 4x4gb kit?

You didn't say what you are going to be using your PC for, so it's hard to judge exactly how much memory you would need. For the average user, you really aren't going to need more than 4GB of memory. Unless you're running several applications at the same time and stressing the system heavily anything more than 4GB may prove unnecessary. There are exceptions of course - such as photo editing / video editing etc. as I've been told.

Not that I am disagreeing with the last post from L.F.S, but you didn't state your price objective or usage, as I said earlier.

I would definitely go look here first:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8P67_PRO/#MSL

That's your approved list of memory for your selected mobo. I just built a PC using the P8P67 and picked my memory exactly right out of the list. I figured I couldn't go wrong that way and I was right. 2 Sticks of Corsair 2gb DDR3 right out of the list and my install was simple as taking candy from a baby. If I can do it and get it to work for the first PC build ever and total noob, anyone can!

TRENDING THREADS