New system will not startup at all.

G

I've gone though all of the steps in the troubleshooting thread to no avail. When the power supply is plugged in and switched on, the power LED on the motherboard turns on. When I press the power button the LEDs on the front panel flash, the CPU fan slightly twitches for a moment, but nothing else happens at all. I do have the motherboard speaker installed, but it makes no noise. Is it possible that my motherboard or processor are simply dead? I'm pretty much out of ideas at this point.

Specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
SAPPHIRE 100283L Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"
Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W Continuous Power ATX12V Ver.2.2
RAIDMAX SMILODON Extreme Black ATX-612WEB 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower

This is a common problem and has to do with a short in one of the components. It could be metal touching somewhere that isn't suppose to. It could be a charge on one of the components causing a short.

What you could try is unplug the computer and hit the power button for 30 seconds. Plug it back in and see if it turns on.

G

Alright, that kind of makes sense. I'm done working on it for today, but I will certainly try that tomorrow. Thanks.

G

Well, that didn't seem to work. If the problem is a short, might I just need to take the whole thing apart and try to put it together again? Or is it more likely that some piece of hardware is defective?

ya that's the next step. Take everything apart and plug it in one at a time, turn it on and hope you get beep codes. As long as it beeps it's good. Keep plugging in parts until it doesn't beep.

Well, that didn't seem to work. If the problem is a short, might I just need to take the whole thing apart and try to put it together again? Or is it more likely that some piece of hardware is defective?