Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Hard disk stopped detecting in bios

Last response: in Storage
September 10, 2012 4:54:35 AM

Hello,
my harddisk was making noise and now it has stopped responding completely. It does not get detected in bios even. Before it was working properly.please help

Best solution

a b G Storage
September 10, 2012 4:58:11 AM

If you haven't already, try different SATA ports and cables. However, it sounds like the controller board for the HDD died. If you are under warranty, you will need to RMA. If you need the data, you will likely need to have it professionally recovered before sending the hard drive off for warranty repair as they will not preserve your data.
a b G Storage
September 10, 2012 5:06:05 AM

Looks like bad drives...

but there one thing i want to check (addition to what "iknowhowtofixit" already said)
Try change the CMOS battery with new one and reset CMOS at the same times... (sometimes bad batt can make drive detection harder)

If u could enter the HDD. I suggest u backup important data as soon as possible.. If hdd already make strange noise it could only means bad things
m
l
Related resources
September 10, 2012 5:17:18 AM

thanks for the help iknowhowtofixit and rdc85. I tried this hdd on other two machines it did not get detected there also. I think I will need to get it professionally repaired but i dont know where exactly these kind of work are done in my city. I live in Mumbai India. Yes data is important. so i want proper professional person who can handle it.
m
l
a b G Storage
September 10, 2012 5:26:53 AM

Err, it not worth to try to fix it (by professional), except the data inside is important......

The best bet is to claim the warranty (RMA)

Try contacting the manufacturer, they will guide u about how to RMA the drive.
If it still quite new u want to try the store u bought them
m
l
September 10, 2012 5:33:17 AM

rdc55 Data inside the drive is important
m
l
a b G Storage
September 10, 2012 5:41:47 AM

yeah i miss read about the data... then u will need data recovery service...

To bad.... I do not had any experience with them, so cannot give any recommendation..
m
l
September 10, 2012 10:24:01 AM

Best answer selected by shreyans20.
m
l
!