Error 1717 Interface Unknown when trying to start Task Sch..

I cannot manually start the Task Scheduler (want to have virus scan run
intermittently) - it is set to automatic however will not run.

When I try to view the event logs (application or system), I get the same
error: "1717 Interface Unknown"!

Hope someone can help uncorrupt something! I've already tried sfc /scannow
however it seemed to not find any problem system files and never asked for
the install CD.

Many thanks :)
Jacqui
1 answer Last reply
More about error 1717 interface unknown start task

    JCHill <JCHill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I cannot manually start the Task Scheduler (want to have virus scan run
    >intermittently) - it is set to automatic however will not run.
    >
    >When I try to view the event logs (application or system), I get the same
    >error: "1717 Interface Unknown"!

    The error message indicates a problem with the services on this
    machine: "Running the New Connection Wizard May Cause System Error
    1717" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811142). If you cannot solve
    it with the SFC you may want to do a repair reinstallation:
    "How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade (Reinstallation) of Windows XP"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315341).

    --
    (tm)

Configuration Microsoft Windows XP