How to change from raid3 to raid5

I have an Areca 1882 and want to change from one raid to another, but dont want to lose my data. Can i just make an image file, then change the raid, then restore the image file?
3 answers Last reply
More about change raid3 raid5
  1. yep. Move your content to something else via an image or file copy, make your changes, and then move everything back where it belongs.

changes to RAID is a destructive process, so everything on the drives goes away when making any changes to the basic structure of the array.
  2. CaedenV said:
    yep. Move your content to something else via an image or file copy, make your changes, and then move everything back where it belongs.

changes to RAID is a destructive process, so everything on the drives goes away when making any changes to the basic structure of the array.

+1
  3. CaedenV said:
    yep. Move your content to something else via an image or file copy, make your changes, and then move everything back where it belongs.

+1
Ask a new question

Read More

NAS / RAID Storage