Sign in with
Your question

How to change from raid3 to raid5

Last response: in Storage
September 10, 2012 3:57:14 PM

I have an Areca 1882 and want to change from one raid to another, but dont want to lose my data. Can i just make an image file, then change the raid, then restore the image file?

More about : change raid3 raid5

a b G Storage
September 10, 2012 4:03:41 PM

yep. Move your content to something else via an image or file copy, make your changes, and then move everything back where it belongs.

changes to RAID is a destructive process, so everything on the drives goes away when making any changes to the basic structure of the array.
a b G Storage
September 10, 2012 4:04:32 PM

CaedenV said:
yep. Move your content to something else via an image or file copy, make your changes, and then move everything back where it belongs.

changes to RAID is a destructive process, so everything on the drives goes away when making any changes to the basic structure of the array.

+1
a b G Storage
September 12, 2012 9:30:38 PM

CaedenV said:

+1
!