greater resolutions?

I see there is an option in the config program to go higher than
800x600, but it says "unsupported." Do these work without using any
kinds of mods?

John Salerno wrote:
> I see there is an option in the config program to go higher than
> 800x600, but it says "unsupported." Do these work without using any
> kinds of mods?

Yes, they just don't guarantee using those settings won't make your
computer explode. :) Seriously, it's probably safe. Probably.

pm

"John Salerno" <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I see there is an option in the config program to go higher than
> 800x600, but it says "unsupported." Do these work without using any
> kinds of mods?

I run it on the higher res. But on one (singular) occasion, it messed up a
cutscene. I would recommend you run on the higher, especially if you have a
TFT.

PM

"PM" <none@invalid.address> wrote in message
> "John Salerno" <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I see there is an option in the config program to go higher than
> > 800x600, but it says "unsupported." Do these work without using any
> > kinds of mods?
>
> I run it on the higher res. But on one (singular) occasion, it messed up a
> cutscene. I would recommend you run on the higher, especially if you have
> TFT.

I always run at 1024 x 768. Not a single problem ever.
However, 1280 x 1024 messes up the intro screens on my PC.

Wim

Wim Dekker wrote:

> I always run at 1024 x 768. Not a single problem ever.
> However, 1280 x 1024 messes up the intro screens on my PC.

I started using 1024x768, and it definitely looks nicer and sharper. My
only complaint is everything is so much smaller, but I'll get used to
that. It looks good.