Sign in with
Your question

streaming multimedia at home

Tags:
  • Streaming
  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
September 27, 2004 1:56:02 PM

I am looking for advice on what is the best way hook up wirelessly my PC to a home cinema system for streaming music and video. Right now mostly I have Mp3 but in the future I will also have divx and stuff.
Are there any solutions that allow to browse directly on the TV for music, pics, video?
My PC runs Windows XP Home and I already have a 802.11g wireless network working at home.
Thanks!

More about : streaming multimedia home

September 27, 2004 3:45:16 PM

your multimedia system has an ethernet port? You need to elaborate ALOT on that system to get any worthwhile advice.
September 27, 2004 4:48:28 PM

I have windows XP home running on PIV 1.8 GHz - I have 512 MB Ram, USB 1.0 and Firewire connections. I also have an ethernet port but I use it to plug my wireless ADSL modem Router.
Related resources
September 27, 2004 6:11:18 PM

This is the "home cinema system"?
October 2, 2004 9:36:31 PM

This is a product that I am sure we will see more of in the future. Almost everyone has a TV and a computer but they are not always in the same room and most people prefer to watch their videos on the TV but this becomes a problem when they are in DIVX and such. I would purchase a product like this too if I could find one.

www.wasteuser.net
!