Can't access my western digital

Hi everyone,

My western digital is a 2.0tb WD20EARS. I bought a 3rd party external HD case which is a generic rosewill case.
i have only used the esata cord to access the drive and never the usb. When I finally tried the usb cable for the first time I can no longer access it let alone see it.
Under disk managment it shows the drive as invaild, when I right click for other options the only highlighted tasks I can do it reactivate. In doing so
I gat an error message saying the action cannot be performed???? any ideas?

it works flawless with the esata cord but i will not always have the convienance of the esata port :/

thank you for all the replies!
3 answers Last reply
More about access western digital
  1. The Rosewill enclosure is the most likely culprit. The internal board which converts the drive's native interface to USB is probably faulty, a very common fault which also afflicts ready-to-use external USB hard drives from the likes of Seagate & WD etc after a while.
  2. phil22 said:
    The Rosewill enclosure is the most likely culprit. The internal board which converts the drive's native interface to USB is probably faulty, a very common fault which also afflicts ready-to-use external USB hard drives from the likes of Seagate & WD etc after a while.

Awesome thanks for the info, so would you suggest buying a new case or try something like am esata to USB converter?
  3. As eSATA seems to be okay, I would buy an eSATA to USB enclosure.
    Good luck :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Western Digital Cases Storage