nish-ka-bibble

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
I am looking over three cases to build my rig with :

i7-930 & ASUS P6X58D-E Combo

850 Cosair PSU

Haven't made up my mind on a GPU yet (caught between a HD 5770 $180 and a HD 5850 $280). Didn't want to spend more than $300, but the EVGA GTX 480 is freakin' sweet!

Now I am caught between these two cases for price sake:

$40 for the Rosewill

$90 for the Coolmaster

I am liking the Rosewell because of the price, but didn't really see that much of a difference between the two.

Any comments or opinions?

mrhoshos96

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
i would go with this combo http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.440220

the lancool is an exceptional case better quality than the haf and rosewill everything is tooless hdd's odd's expansionslots motherboard psu better airflow than the rosewill (oh and also black interior)
also the psu is the same quality as the corsair bec. it's made by seasonic too and it's modular and more efficient also can handle 2 5850's in cf or even 5870's

case review: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/22076-lancool-dragonlord-pc-k62-case-review.html

psu review: http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/04/20/xfx_black_edition_750w_power_supply_review/

Alvin Smith

Distinguished

not bad

nish-ka-bibble

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
WOW, that combo is not bad, but I am wondering if that PSU is going to be able to handle two HD 5830's or 5870's? I was going to go for a PSU like an 850 watt.

Also, what about these two cases as well:

In Win

Or the Antec 1200 on sale here

I was thinking about going for the Antec because of the room and airflow, but the In Win looks...unusual and the price is good!
Still the Coolmaster I've read is quite good as well.

Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Alvin Smith

Distinguished
A large and powerful side intake fan is in order.

Did you already reject the HAF-922 and 932 ?

What about dark fleet and that wicked Corsair case ... dark fortress?

What is max budget and is a mid tower also as viable (for you) as a full tower?

= Al =

nish-ka-bibble

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
Well since I can get that Antec 1200 for $120 with rebate on Newegg, I guess that's my limit. I did like your combo though, but I didn't know if I needed more vent and more PSU. The Antec 1200 looked like a sweet deal for $120, but maybe too big for me :)

Always looking for a good combo on Newegg as well, since I am building a new system (need everything, RAM, PSU, etc.)

Oh not, I did not reject the HAF 922, but I never looked at the 932. HOLY CRAP, I just saw that 932 in red on Newegg! F-ing SWEET looking!! But $149 and no side ventilation....probably not.

Never saw Dark Fleet either or dark fortress....hold on. Dark fleet looks nice, but couldn't find anything on Dark Fortress on newegg.

Yeah, I wasn't thinking full tower, but since I plan to get crossfire later on, I thought it would be a good thing for air flow, right?

You didn't like that in win? It does look strange, doesn't it.

mrhoshos96

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
that combo i listed was an awsome deal that psu can handle 5870's oced an i7 oced no problem

believe me that psu is very high quality

the case as i said earlier is exceptional it has room for 3-way cf and has 8 expansion slots unlike the 1200 & inwin which only have 7 expansion slots

and also unlike the 922 & 932 the lancool is dustfiltered all arround

even the psu is dustfiltered so it can live longer be quieter