oldpal

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
Hello, I have a D945GCNL MB that suddenly won't post. Not powering moniter and no beeps. Tried a known good Power supply change with no luck. Unhooked all components. Got 3 long beeps with no memory (all else disconnected) Put different memory and same stick back(2 different trials) and both cases yield nothing but the beeps now gone. It has built in video, but tried an external video card. Still nothing. Motherboard failure is my thought, but how do I know CPU is still good. This is for a disabled friend, so Cheap solution is utmost. Suggestion welcome. Thanks in advance for any info

oldpal

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
I am going to get a new mb LGA775 and see if that does it. I hate putting money into it, but looks like only solution. If all the other parts work, I will be happy but not that confident right now. As a point of info, does a mb check memory early on and then check else where after that? I am concerned/confused that the board recognized the memory was gone, but then got lost in its' journey through posting? Thanks for your response. I will report success/failure in a few days.

oldpal

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
Tried for a used board, no luck. Found a foxconn(never had a board from this company) for $33.00 to the door. All other equipment is same as before. Works great and winxp after considerable checking found all hardware except the video and I installed that from MB cd. Works fine. Motherboard was the issue. Hope this helps someone. Thanks for the response, it shoved me in the right direction.