• Asus
  • Sabertooth
  • RAM
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
April 14, 2011 3:39:51 PM

Hello,
hello every body.
i just buy the asus sabertooth x58 mobo with core i7 950 and a single slot of 4gb corsair vengiance ram of 1600 speed. but last night when i install all the hardware its unable to boot, and i can't go in to bios.
later on one of my friend add one more slot of different speed and company in to the mobo . its boot but with error.
so, please help me in this matter.. is i have to buy some more ram? or this mobo don't support single slot? or there is something more to try.

More about : 4gb ram single slot asus sabertooth x58 board

a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
April 14, 2011 3:52:41 PM

You should be able to run with a single memory module, But must use the correct slot A1, B1, or C1. Probably will not work if you put in A2, B2 or C2 slot. A1 slot prefered and is the 2nd slot counting from nearest to CPU. DO NOT use the first slot.

Ref: your MB manual
ONE DIMM
You may install in slot A1, B1, or C1 as a single channel operation
End quote.
m
l
April 14, 2011 4:21:16 PM

RetiredChief said:
You should be able to run with a single memory module, But must use the correct slot A1, B1, or C1. Probably will not work if you put in A2, B2 or C2 slot. A1 slot prefered and is the 2nd slot counting from nearest to CPU. DO NOT use the first slot.

Ref: your MB manual
ONE DIMM
You may install in slot A1, B1, or C1 as a single channel operation
End quote.

i do the same thing. put the ram in slot A1, B1. and C1 but the problem still there.
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
April 15, 2011 2:21:52 AM

If you put your friends memory in (yours out) you can go into bios correct. If so go to the memory page, there shoud be a selection for using XMP,(look in your manual) slect XMP. This should set your memory voltage and cL settings to what is stored in the memory module. Go ahead and save and reboot when reboot has finished, shut computer off and turn the rocker swith on back of PSU off. Replace your friends memory with your memory and see if you can boot to bios.

If no-go thensince it worked with friends memory, and not your memory, I would RMA the Memory. Did you check to see if your memory was on the "compatable" list. List is in Manual.
m
l
April 15, 2011 6:29:28 PM

RetiredChief said:
If you put your friends memory in (yours out) you can go into bios correct. If so go to the memory page, there shoud be a selection for using XMP,(look in your manual) slect XMP. This should set your memory voltage and cL settings to what is stored in the memory module. Go ahead and save and reboot when reboot has finished, shut computer off and turn the rocker swith on back of PSU off. Replace your friends memory with your memory and see if you can boot to bios.

If no-go thensince it worked with friends memory, and not your memory, I would RMA the Memory. Did you check to see if your memory was on the "compatable" list. List is in Manual.

thanks alot for your help at last i came to know that there is problem in my new corsair vangeance stick. i return it back.
m
l
!