Sign in with
Your question

Can I install an SSD drive in my HP Pavillion dv7 (1020 US) Laptop?

Last response: in Storage
September 11, 2012 4:24:03 PM

Hi,

Can anyone tell me, can I install an SSD drive in my HP Pavillion dv7 (1020 US) Laptop?

Also, if it is possible to install and SSD drive, what cabling do I need and how do I copy all my files from the hard drive to the SSD drive?
Thanks in advance.
a b D Laptop
a c 106 G Storage
September 11, 2012 7:51:08 PM

Yes, you can install an SSD drive in your laptop. You can use the current drive as a second drive in that computer (it supports two drives). I have a Pavilion dv7-2185 and did what you are considering doing. I had to order a bracket to get it to fit. Make sure you get the correct bracket if you do have to order one. I cloned the drive using software that came with the SSD drive. When you purchase the SSD drive you can get a kit. Internal cabling should not be an issue.
September 19, 2012 1:23:50 PM

kenrivers said:
Yes, you can install an SSD drive in your laptop. You can use the current drive as a second drive in that computer (it supports two drives). I have a Pavilion dv7-2185 and did what you are considering doing. I had to order a bracket to get it to fit. Make sure you get the correct bracket if you do have to order one. I cloned the drive using software that came with the SSD drive. When you purchase the SSD drive you can get a kit. Internal cabling should not be an issue.

Hi,
Could you tell me the ssd brand you got that came with the software that helped you move the files?
Thanks.
Related resources
a b D Laptop
a c 106 G Storage
September 19, 2012 8:28:35 PM

Intel with installation kit.
September 19, 2012 9:10:35 PM

Thanks.
a b D Laptop
a c 106 G Storage
September 21, 2012 2:19:53 AM

You're welcome.