Hey forum so what's up? So I am thinking of building a new ati/amd rig so I'm going to tell you what I'm thinking of using for this rig. Can you tell me what you think and if all of the parts work together or maybe there might be problems with the rig. And I will have links to newegg so you can view them. And I am on a 2000-2400 dollar budget
1. Motherboard: Since I am going with a AMD rig I'm going with an ASUS Crosshair IV Formula AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard seen here I think it's a pretty strong motherboard and supports USB 3.0 and overclocks easily
4. CPU Cooler: Choosing between a Coolermaster V10 or a V8 or maybe a V6... I have two problems because I am worried about the clearance between the memory I want and my second problem is I am not sure if they support my CPU.
5. Memory: Really confused here because if I go withe the cooler master V10 this choice could change because of the clearance between the V10 and the memory. I defiantly want memory like G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB at 1600mhz I believe and going with 8g. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
8. Power Supply not sure what I need see like I think I might need another graphics card to upgrade in the future
so I am not exactly sure but I like the Thermaltake Toughpower W0133RU 1200W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
9. CD/DVD Drive not sure but I'm thinking one that does anything but I don't need the blue ray.
Not sure if I forgot any thing, but mention it if I have.
I really don't think you need a 1200 watt psu, even with what you think about putting in there. if you plan on sli with two 480s in the future, 1000 would easily cover it. if you want to crossfire with two radeons, 750 or 850 max would cover it, depending on if you want the 5870 or 5970