Motherboard repairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MXD

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
Hello,
My processor on my motherboard is not receiving power. I say so because the processor's fan comes on but the processor does not. When I remove the fan the processor does not get hot. I have tested the processor on another motherboard and it sounds ok.
Can somebody help me with this???????

Solution
Two cases where I've seen this type of thing; one the power supply was bad, the other the motherboard was bad.

If the motherboard is bad, it's usually the case with a new one out of the box. I've never had one fizzle out and die on me (can't say it's impossible though).

I have had cheap power supplies go bad on me after a couple of years, though.

Does your power supply on the system not getting power to the motherboard work? Can you take the power supply out of the system that does work and try it in the system that doesn't?
Two cases where I've seen this type of thing; one the power supply was bad, the other the motherboard was bad.

If the motherboard is bad, it's usually the case with a new one out of the box. I've never had one fizzle out and die on me (can't say it's impossible though).

I have had cheap power supplies go bad on me after a couple of years, though.

Does your power supply on the system not getting power to the motherboard work? Can you take the power supply out of the system that does work and try it in the system that doesn't?

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.