Sign in with
Your question

Why so cheap on ebay?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 2, 2010 5:46:29 PM

I was looking into a hd 4850 and one seller is selling them around 30$ cheaper than anywhere else, according to his history he has soled multiple units and there were a few doa's among them. The reason why I am asking is why so cheap is because are there bulk deals with cards that didn't pass the quality check or might have a high doa rate, or any other explanation?
He has a refund policy but I'm strapped for time so I don't want to end up with a faulty card of the bat, and he has an unreasonably high faulty percentage for my comfort. Anyway any explanation would be nice to put my paranoid mind at rest.

More about : cheap ebay

a c 125 U Graphics card
June 2, 2010 6:15:29 PM

Are the cards new as in still factory sealed?

What are the details of his/her return policy?

Got a link to the auction?
June 2, 2010 6:17:33 PM

Are they open box? Most likely he is getting returns or RMA'ed cards, which of course have a good chance of being DOA or defective.

Link to the auction will help.
Related resources
a c 173 U Graphics card
June 2, 2010 6:20:29 PM

I am a regular shopper on eBay, its a buyers market so the bids have to be low in order to be sold. Most cards sold there are working with out issues besides the need to be cleaned exct. I can point out a few that look reputable. Even some of the cards that get sold for dead turn up to be working with out issue with the same for boards. Got a working xfx 780i with all the goodies for $38.70 last year when they were $229 at retail on newegg.
a c 125 U Graphics card
June 2, 2010 6:36:59 PM

Well you can't go wrong then, buy it, if it turns out to be a paper weight only then send it back within the 7 days, and as its brand new then theres a good chance it'll be fine anyway, dunno what happens about warranty though.
June 2, 2010 6:47:52 PM

Might not be able to send it back in seven days, long story, and I don't want to get stuck with a pricey paper weight, so thats why I am curios about the reasons.
!