My HDD space not showing properly

envymert

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Not really sure what to ask, I have a Samsung 128Gb HDD that I installed months ago. Recently I was running low on space so I deleted Diablo 3, and moved my Steam and Origin game files to another HD. Heres the thing, All I have installed on it now is GW2 and Itunes/ media files ...Pics and Music. GW2 = 14.2Gb and My Windows media files = 16GB . It currently shows I only have 46Gb of available HDD space. When I formatted I originally had 111GB with nothing installed so my question is where is the remaining 40Gb that is not showing up?

Solution
How much ram do you have? Your Windows swap file most likely is taking up a huge chunk of that. also do you hibernate? That will also take up the same amount as your ram.. Go download a program called TreeSize Free it will tell you what folder is taking up all the space a good place to start looking.

Thent :pt1cable:
How much ram do you have? Your Windows swap file most likely is taking up a huge chunk of that. also do you hibernate? That will also take up the same amount as your ram.. Go download a program called TreeSize Free it will tell you what folder is taking up all the space a good place to start looking.

Thent :pt1cable:

Solution