Ctrl+Alt+Del

When I press Ctrl+Alt+Del when the system is on, the Task Manager opens. How
can I fix it so that I get the default screen with the lock computer option?

Windows key + L

Modem Ani

AJ Burch wrote:
> When I press Ctrl+Alt+Del when the system is on, the Task Manager opens. How
> can I fix it so that I get the default screen with the lock computer option?

There at least 4 ways to lock a WinXP (Home or Pro) workstation:

1) Use the Windows Key + L hot key.

2) You can press CTRL+ALT+DEL and then <ENTER>, once you've turned
off the Welcome Screen and Fast User Switching. (This is the default
in a domain environment, as FUS is contrary to the domain security
paradigm.)

3) You can create a desktop shortcut with
"%windir%\System32\rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkStation" in the
target field. (It is case-sensitive, BTW.) You can then assign a
keyboard shortcut.

4) Set a password protected screensaver, and wait the allotted time
without touching the mouse or keyboard.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

When Welcome Screen is enabled, CTRL + ALT + DEL opens Task Manager
When Welcome Screen is disabled, CTRL + ALT + DEL opens the Security dialog
as shown in Windows 2000

To turn off the Welcome screen (Fast User Switching is disabled when you
disable the Welcome Screen):

1. Open User Accounts in Control Panel.
2. Click Change the way users log on or off.
3. Clear the Use the Welcome screen check box.

Lock Windows XP workstation with Welcome Screen and FUS enabled:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/lockxp.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User