Motherboard Battery Change

I was getting an error message on my Dell XPS that my battery was low, so I replaced it. I didn't record the systems bios.. because I didn't know I needed too. Now the system won't boot. I contacted a dell chat tech and he went through several things and wants to reinstall windows. First hes had me put the old battery back in and still the same problem. I thought that i could choose to repair instead of install. It gets to where it says, enter to install windows.. R - to repair or ESC to quit and it all freezes.. Almost like the keyboard stops working. Where do I go from here. The dell dude said, I'll call you back in 3 to 4 hours! I have in now running some diagnostics on the hard drive.
5 answers Last reply
More about motherboard battery change
  1. I've never heard of needing to record the system BIOS?

Does the laptop run with no battery in using the AC adapter?
  2. It's a desktop.... sorry I forgot to add that in.
  3. Ah. Ok. Your disk mode probably reset to the default 'Legacy IDE' setting. Can you get into the BIOS and change the disk controller mode to AHCI? It's usually under a category similar to 'Integrated Peripherals'. Let us know.
  4. I can get into the bios... but i'm getting lost in there. I see integrated devices... in there the parallel port modes can be changed. Is that it? The mode is set to PS/2 or AT or EPP or ECP. Is that what you mean?
  5. I've even gone as far as to try to reinstall windows and it gives me an error. 47872.
    Does this mean my harddrive needs replacing?
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets Battery Dell Studio Xps Motherboards