Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Please Help Need a PSU

Last response: in Systems
Share
July 12, 2010 10:34:35 AM

Hey guys this is my build, but I'm not sure what PSU to use, Please advice

CPU: Core i5 750
Mother Bord: Asus P7P55 D
VGA: Asus EAH5770 DDR5 1GB
RAM: Kingston 2*2GB= 4GB
HDD: Samsung 1TB
DVD: Asus 16x DVD RW
Casing: Powrlogic 5000

I'm planning to use a 550w power supply, Is it enough? please help guys, Really appreciate your help....
I dont use overclocking or crossfire not in the future as well..........:D 

More about : psu

July 12, 2010 10:45:21 AM

Hey I forgot to mention, No Crossfire or Overclocking...........I dont OC............thnx guys...........
m
0
l

Best solution

July 12, 2010 10:51:54 AM

A Quality 500W from Corsair/ Seasonic/ Silverstone/ PCP& S/ Antec EA or TP or ECO Series/ CM Real Power or Silent PRO series/ OCZ Fatality or Mod Series will also do...
Share
Related resources
July 12, 2010 10:56:09 AM

gkay09 said:
A Quality 500W from Corsair/ Seasonic/ Silverstone/ PCP& S/ Antec EA or TP or ECO Series/ CM Real Power or Silent PRO series/ OCZ Fatality or Mod Series will also do...


Hey thnx for the reply, I thought maybe I need a 600W or something more powerful,,,,,Those brands are not available here, So I will have to go with a Coolermaster or Asus or Amacrox power supply, what will you preffer? hey thnx alot.........
m
0
l
July 12, 2010 11:04:42 AM

^ Dont get Cooler Master Extreme Power...What other options do you have ??

If you wont be overclocking, then even the CM Real Power 460W would suffice(I built a PC for my friend with nearly the same config powered by that PSU and it is running fine...)
m
0
l
July 12, 2010 11:17:17 AM

gkay09 said:
^ Dont get Cooler Master Extreme Power...What other options do you have ??

If you wont be overclocking, then even the CM Real Power 460W would suffice(I built a PC for my friend with nearly the same config powered by that PSU and it is running fine...)


Well I have Asus(5 years warranty), Amacrox, have got Seasonic but itz bit expensive,,,,,,
m
0
l
July 12, 2010 11:26:28 AM

^ How expensive is it compared to the ASUS ?? and its expensive because its worth it...

Never skimp on the quality of the PSU...That is one part, which will affect the performance of the PC and also if you buy a good one now, it can be carried over to future builds also as they will last for many years...
m
0
l
July 12, 2010 11:32:28 AM

gkay09 said:
^ How expensive is it compared to the ASUS ?? and its expensive because its worth it...

Never skimp on the quality of the PSU...That is one part, which will affect the performance of the PC and also if you buy a good one now, it can be carried over to future builds also as they will last for many years...


Around 20$ but Seasonic carries only 1 year waranty.....Thnx buddy 4 ur help, Thnx alot,,,really appreciate your help....
m
0
l
July 12, 2010 11:40:05 AM

^ Well you can take your chances with the ASUS if you want to...
And if you are going with one, atleast make sure it has Active PFC and 80+ certified would be better...
m
0
l
July 12, 2010 11:42:41 AM

gkay09 said:
^ Well you can take your chances with the ASUS if you want to...
And if you are going with one, atleast make sure it has Active PFC and 80+ certified would be better...


Hey whats PFC and 80+? Hey sorry I don't know much about these stuff.....
m
0
l
July 12, 2010 12:04:30 PM

PFC is Power Correction Factor -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_factor
In simple terms - If the PSU has Active PFC, then it will pull only the required amount of power from the wall socket.
If it doesnt have Active PFC, then the PSU will pull full 500W power(assuming its a 500W PSU) even though the PC is only consuming say 100-150W

80+ is the efficiency certification give to the PSUs...Higher the efficiency the better
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_PLUS
m
0
l
July 12, 2010 12:07:20 PM

Best answer selected by ycr_net.
m
0
l
July 12, 2010 12:09:54 PM

gkay09 said:
PFC is Power Correction Factor -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_factor
In simple terms - If the PSU has Active PFC, then it will pull only the required amount of power from the wall socket.
If it doesnt have Active PFC, then the PSU will pull full 500W power(assuming its a 500W PSU) even though the PC is only consuming say 100-150W

80+ is the efficiency certification give to the PSUs...Higher the efficiency the better
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_PLUS


Hey thnx....I'll go for the Seasonic PSU, thanks a lot for your help......Is was really informative........And sry for my English, English is my 3rd language........thank you again...........:) 
m
0
l
July 12, 2010 12:26:41 PM

^ Glad my posts were helpful...
Good Luck with your build...
m
0
l
July 12, 2010 12:43:56 PM

gkay09 said:
^ Glad my posts were helpful...
Good Luck with your build...


Of coz it was thnx alot once again....Wish u all the best too...........:) 
m
0
l
!