Sign in with
Your question

Wont let me make a system image.

Last response: in Storage
September 12, 2012 1:22:56 AM

I have just built a new PC and after going through the whole beginning process of installing drivers and an anti virus I attempted to make a system image. It is such a simple process that I have no idea where I went wrong. While I was setting up windows 7and my HDD, (1.5TB) I made a partition for it, at the max capacity which I believe is 100GB. Now I'm pretty sure Windows was installed on the partition, but I am not completely sure. And now, that I was all done, I attempted to create a system image but when it asked me to choose a place to store the backup there was no option there. Not my actual HDD or the partition, I don't know what to do here, I tried looking it up but found nothing. Any help at all would be appreciated, thanks.

More about : wont make system image

a c 104 G Storage
September 12, 2012 3:18:04 PM

Hi there,

Could you please go the DiskManagement, and give us a screenshot of your single HDD using ImageShack or Photobucket. That will give us a visual picture of how your HDD is set up.

Windows 7 BackUp and Recovry likes a separate HDD to Image and BackUp to, or as second best a different partition on the HDD. Not optimal since if your HDD goes down, the backup goes down also.

It may be the rest of your HDD has Unallocated space on it, which will not show up as a useable Partition until it is Partitioned, a File System added, and a Drive letter (optional descriptive name) is added.
m
l
Related resources
!