5870 in Antec 902

antwanman12

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
I have a bit of a problem. I will soon be buying an Asus 2GB RoG edition 5870 and I have an Antec 902 case. I also have 5 HDD which all need to be in the computer. Will I be able to fit the card in there with minimal modding? If any modding is necessary...any thoughts?

Thanks a lot

Solution
I just looked at the dimensions of your case and the length from the front to the back is 18"; I divided that by 3 because the HDD rack takes up about a third of the total length (referred to some pictures) and got 6", which I then multiplied by 2 to get a total of 12" or so of space for your 5870.

The length of the video card is about 10.5" or so. You should be able to clear it, but worse case scenario you'd just need to buy or build a 5.25" (CD drive) adapter for your 3" HDDs. I believe you can fit two in one CD drive bay.

Good luck!

ninelivesproductions

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
I just looked at the dimensions of your case and the length from the front to the back is 18"; I divided that by 3 because the HDD rack takes up about a third of the total length (referred to some pictures) and got 6", which I then multiplied by 2 to get a total of 12" or so of space for your 5870.

The length of the video card is about 10.5" or so. You should be able to clear it, but worse case scenario you'd just need to buy or build a 5.25" (CD drive) adapter for your 3" HDDs. I believe you can fit two in one CD drive bay.

Good luck!

Solution
I have a 902 and a reference 5850(9.5")that powers in the back.
Since i couldn't add additional cooling on the side panel.(hsu in the way)
I added the fan bracket on the back of the cage which comes in direct contact with my gpu.
I haven't measured but with the power connects and fan bracket it has to be 2".
Your card is a Matrix i presume that is 11.5" long.
I say yes but it will be close, good thing it powers from the side.

Same here! Stupid heat sink gets in the way of a side panel fan - bad design or what? So I also put the fan inside in the middle carriage and yeah, my 5850's power connectors barely have enough room to fit... but they do!
Since the 5870 is side power and there's no middle fan, there should be enough room.