Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Help finding shoujo voice pack and megatron skin/vp

Last response: in Video Games
Share
April 27, 2004 9:58:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

Hi,

We had a hard-drive crash and have been trying to recover some of our
favorite UT customization files.

One of our favorite skins is the Shibuki skin, a female anime-ish
character. There was a voice pack not designed specifically for this
skin, but it went perfectly with it. We don't recall the filename
exactly, but in the UT voice selection menu, we believe it was called
"shoujo." It is basically a female anime voice. She would say funny
things like "Okane, okane!!!" This is very important to us, if you
have this somewhere we'd really appreciate it.

We are also looking for the Megatron skin and voice pack. The skin
was made by Mann Slaughter. It was of the classic Megatron from
generation 1 of the Transformers. There was also a Megatron voice
pack with some great taunts, although I don't know if it was made by
the same person.

We've searched the Internet high and low but have come up dry. Please
help us!!!

~Mark and Tina
Anonymous
April 27, 2004 10:39:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

Mark <marktina@verizon.net> Blessed us with
news:rhtr80pdf5mj8hblogag6crkmn2bi9opff@4ax.com:

> Hi,
>
> We had a hard-drive crash and have been trying to recover some
> of our favorite UT customization files.
>
> One of our favorite skins is the Shibuki skin, a female
> anime-ish character. There was a voice pack not designed
> specifically for this skin, but it went perfectly with it. We
> don't recall the filename exactly, but in the UT voice selection
> menu, we believe it was called "shoujo." It is basically a
> female anime voice. She would say funny things like "Okane,
> okane!!!" This is very important to us, if you have this
> somewhere we'd really appreciate it.
>
> We are also looking for the Megatron skin and voice pack. The
> skin was made by Mann Slaughter. It was of the classic Megatron
> from generation 1 of the Transformers. There was also a
> Megatron voice pack with some great taunts, although I don't
> know if it was made by the same person.
>
> We've searched the Internet high and low but have come up dry.
> Please help us!!!
>
> ~Mark and Tina
>

I'm very sorry to hear about your hard drive crash as it has
happened to me once and I lost *everything* in the blink of
an eye. I think I have found everything but the "shoujo"
voice pack. Try some of these sites. You might have to copy
and paste these URLs into your browser if my newsreader wraps
them around. Sorry I couldn't find the one voice pack. :( 

HTH

Browse this site for some interesting info:
http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/downloads/index.as...
rating


Half life? Megatron by Mann Slaughter can be found here:
http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/downloads/index.as...

UT Megatron by Mann Slaughter file can be found here:
http://home.mindspring.com/~dsmd4/models/UT_Megatron_Sl...

UT Megatron by Mann Slaughter Browse this site for info and also the
voice packs and other skins by Mann Slaughter:
http://underworld.fortunecity.com/galaxian/688/

Browse this forum for info on Mann Slaughter:
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/search.php?searchid=1240...

The Shibuki skin can be found here:
http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/downloads/index.as...


--
J

"Best?? Only a fool will assume they're the best."

Mr.K
Anonymous
April 27, 2004 1:14:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

JHall <jhall@playmlec.net> Blessed us with
news:Xns94D8119116152uppariscopeDiveDive.@199.171.54.214:

> http://home.mindspring.com/~dsmd4/models/UT_Megatron_Sl...

Sorry but I tried the above link because I wanted the Megatron
skin too but it seems to be a dead link with a 404 can't be found
message at the other end of it. It seems that Earthlink has
aquired Mindspring and lost the file in the process. The only
other suggestions I have would be to email Mann Slaughter but then
again his email address might not be any good. I got it from his
site and it is:

mann_slaughter@usa.com

You should also check back to this thread periodically to see if
maybe someone already has the Megatron skin. If you find it
please post a note here because I would like to see that skin
too. His site has the skin for Half Life but the link for the
UT skin is broken!. :( 

Good Luck

--
J

"Best?? Only a fool will assume they're the best."

Mr.K
April 28, 2004 12:45:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

Thanks for taking the time to help. Unfortunately, I've tried all of
those with no luck! The Megatron skin is a broken link. I'm afraid
the only hope for me is if someone happens to still have these files
tucked away in their archives somewhere.

Anyway, thanks again. I really appreciate the kind and generous
response.

~Tina


On 27 Apr 2004 06:39:16 GMT, JHall <jhall@playmlec.net> wrote:

>Mark <marktina@verizon.net> Blessed us with
>news:rhtr80pdf5mj8hblogag6crkmn2bi9opff@4ax.com:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We had a hard-drive crash and have been trying to recover some
>> of our favorite UT customization files.
>>
>> One of our favorite skins is the Shibuki skin, a female
>> anime-ish character. There was a voice pack not designed
>> specifically for this skin, but it went perfectly with it. We
>> don't recall the filename exactly, but in the UT voice selection
>> menu, we believe it was called "shoujo." It is basically a
>> female anime voice. She would say funny things like "Okane,
>> okane!!!" This is very important to us, if you have this
>> somewhere we'd really appreciate it.
>>
>> We are also looking for the Megatron skin and voice pack. The
>> skin was made by Mann Slaughter. It was of the classic Megatron
>> from generation 1 of the Transformers. There was also a
>> Megatron voice pack with some great taunts, although I don't
>> know if it was made by the same person.
>>
>> We've searched the Internet high and low but have come up dry.
>> Please help us!!!
>>
>> ~Mark and Tina
>>
>
>I'm very sorry to hear about your hard drive crash as it has
>happened to me once and I lost *everything* in the blink of
>an eye. I think I have found everything but the "shoujo"
>voice pack. Try some of these sites. You might have to copy
>and paste these URLs into your browser if my newsreader wraps
>them around. Sorry I couldn't find the one voice pack. :( 
>
>HTH
>
>Browse this site for some interesting info:
>http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/downloads/index.as...
>rating
>
>
>Half life? Megatron by Mann Slaughter can be found here:
>http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/downloads/index.as...
>
>UT Megatron by Mann Slaughter file can be found here:
>http://home.mindspring.com/~dsmd4/models/UT_Megatron_Sl...
>
>UT Megatron by Mann Slaughter Browse this site for info and also the
>voice packs and other skins by Mann Slaughter:
>http://underworld.fortunecity.com/galaxian/688/
>
>Browse this forum for info on Mann Slaughter:
>http://forums.beyondunreal.com/search.php?searchid=1240...
>
>The Shibuki skin can be found here:
>http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/downloads/index.as...
April 28, 2004 12:49:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

Yes, believe it or not we actually emailed him a while ago. No
response, unfortunately. I'll definitely post the file/s if I happen
to get lucky and get them from somewhere.

~Tina


On 27 Apr 2004 09:14:05 GMT, JHall <jhall@playmlec.net> wrote:

>JHall <jhall@playmlec.net> Blessed us with
>news:Xns94D8119116152uppariscopeDiveDive.@199.171.54.214:
>
>> http://home.mindspring.com/~dsmd4/models/UT_Megatron_Sl...
>
>Sorry but I tried the above link because I wanted the Megatron
>skin too but it seems to be a dead link with a 404 can't be found
>message at the other end of it. It seems that Earthlink has
>aquired Mindspring and lost the file in the process. The only
>other suggestions I have would be to email Mann Slaughter but then
>again his email address might not be any good. I got it from his
>site and it is:
>
>mann_slaughter@usa.com
>
>You should also check back to this thread periodically to see if
>maybe someone already has the Megatron skin. If you find it
>please post a note here because I would like to see that skin
>too. His site has the skin for Half Life but the link for the
>UT skin is broken!. :( 
>
>Good Luck
May 1, 2004 11:31:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

Guess what? We found a backup on our laptop. Well, since there was
at least one other person looking for this, let's share the wealth...

Thanks everyone!

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 08:45:32 GMT, Mark <marktina@verizon.net> wrote:

>Thanks for taking the time to help. Unfortunately, I've tried all of
>those with no luck! The Megatron skin is a broken link. I'm afraid
>the only hope for me is if someone happens to still have these files
>tucked away in their archives somewhere.
>
>Anyway, thanks again. I really appreciate the kind and generous
>response.
>
>~Tina
>
>
>On 27 Apr 2004 06:39:16 GMT, JHall <jhall@playmlec.net> wrote:
>
>>Mark <marktina@verizon.net> Blessed us with
>>news:rhtr80pdf5mj8hblogag6crkmn2bi9opff@4ax.com:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We had a hard-drive crash and have been trying to recover some
>>> of our favorite UT customization files.
>>>
>>> One of our favorite skins is the Shibuki skin, a female
>>> anime-ish character. There was a voice pack not designed
>>> specifically for this skin, but it went perfectly with it. We
>>> don't recall the filename exactly, but in the UT voice selection
>>> menu, we believe it was called "shoujo." It is basically a
>>> female anime voice. She would say funny things like "Okane,
>>> okane!!!" This is very important to us, if you have this
>>> somewhere we'd really appreciate it.
>>>
>>> We are also looking for the Megatron skin and voice pack. The
>>> skin was made by Mann Slaughter. It was of the classic Megatron
>>> from generation 1 of the Transformers. There was also a
>>> Megatron voice pack with some great taunts, although I don't
>>> know if it was made by the same person.
>>>
>>> We've searched the Internet high and low but have come up dry.
>>> Please help us!!!
>>>
>>> ~Mark and Tina
>>>
>>
>>I'm very sorry to hear about your hard drive crash as it has
>>happened to me once and I lost *everything* in the blink of
>>an eye. I think I have found everything but the "shoujo"
>>voice pack. Try some of these sites. You might have to copy
>>and paste these URLs into your browser if my newsreader wraps
>>them around. Sorry I couldn't find the one voice pack. :( 
>>
>>HTH
>>
>>Browse this site for some interesting info:
>>http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/downloads/index.as...
>>rating
>>
>>
>>Half life? Megatron by Mann Slaughter can be found here:
>>http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/downloads/index.as...
>>
>>UT Megatron by Mann Slaughter file can be found here:
>>http://home.mindspring.com/~dsmd4/models/UT_Megatron_Sl...
>>
>>UT Megatron by Mann Slaughter Browse this site for info and also the
>>voice packs and other skins by Mann Slaughter:
>>http://underworld.fortunecity.com/galaxian/688/
>>
>>Browse this forum for info on Mann Slaughter:
>>http://forums.beyondunreal.com/search.php?searchid=1240...
>>
>>The Shibuki skin can be found here:
>>http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/downloads/index.as...
Anonymous
May 1, 2004 12:02:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

Mark <marktina@verizon.net> Blessed us with
news:bgk6905rtcg5bfkdetlgi9la7g531p6bsp@4ax.com:

> Guess what? We found a backup on our laptop. Well, since there
> was at least one other person looking for this, let's share the
> wealth...
>
> Thanks everyone!

Whoops! I forgot to tell you I suppose because I am used to everyone
already knowing about it but the news servers usually filter out any
binaries that are posted to a non binary group so it probably won't
come through. I don't see it yet anyway. If you want to post it
so everyone can download it please post it to:

alt.binaries.games.unreal

and we will get it...that is unless your news server doesn't have
the binary groups. I see that you only made this post minutes
ago so maybe it will show up. I am very happy that you found
a backup and I would very much like to see the skin and voice
pack myself!. :-)

--
J

"Best?? Only a fool will assume they're the best."

Mr.K
!