minnie_6

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
Just withing the last few weeks, I am hearing a clicking sound coming from it. It is 931 gigs, and I have 416 free space left in it.
I have many years of music downloads on it, and don't want anything to happen to them. The clicking noise goes for awhile, then it stops for awhile? I am very concerned, and wondered if there was anything I could do about it? Thanks for you help and answer if you got one. minnie_6

tomatthe

Distinguished
Sounds like the drive is about to die, the best thing to do is backup the music to another location then run a drive test on it. Go to the manufactures website for the drive, and search for a drive test. Make sure you backup any files on the drive before running the test. There is nothing you can do to prevent it from failing if it's going to fail other then being prepared for that which is basically having the data in another place.

minnie_6

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
Thanks....I always thought by using an external for important stuff, you would be safe if your pc crashed. Never thought with it have full it would break down, but I guess they do...Thanks for the reply.