Sign in with
Your question

Good Gaming build for around1000 bucks

Last response: in Systems
July 12, 2010 4:36:58 PM

I know a lot of people have asked for others to come up with builds for them and I am requesting the same. I really appreciate any response I receive in helping me with my computer build. Also, this will be my very first computer build ever so I need all the help I can get! :)  So from what I hear, sounds like I need a quad core CPU for gaming. I want the one that has the most bang for the buck. I don't care if it's Intel or AMD, I just want a good cpu that I won't have to worry about replacing for a while. I already have the case too! I went with the antec 900 two case from newegg. SO please keep that in mind when suggesting parts for me please. I would also like to see the OS included with this budget build too if that is at all possible. Windows 7 preferably if it is the appropriate OS for gaming. I am pretty sure newegg has the best prices but tigerdirect I know sometimes is cheaper so if you can find cheaper components on TD then give me those links please.

Thank you so much for your time because I know it can take a while searching for the best parts. I really have no clue what I am looking at when I am doing it so I am requesting help and sounds like this is the place to do that! :D 

Here's the link to the case I already have: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Thanks again for any input!!
a b 4 Gaming
July 12, 2010 5:02:20 PM

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

You need use this format.

P.D. Please read the "READ BEFORE POSTING: Buyer's Guides and Troubleshooting"
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 12, 2010 5:03:04 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Saint19
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 12, 2010 5:05:37 PM

You can do a phenom II x4 955 and 5870 build for $1k, though whether this would be the best for your needs depends on your answers to the form, so fill it out.
m
l
!