Sabertooth X58 system panel connector

dmanshouse

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011
Hi everyone i seem to have run into a problem i have just installed a sabertooth x58 into a thermaltake level 10 GT case and am having issues with getting the power button to work. i get the stand by light on the mobo to come on but thats it. this is only my second build and a first with using a case like this. if you have any ideas as to what could be wrong please let me know. also if im lacking in info to help with a solution please ask

Thanks
Dominic.

Solution
Can you jumpstart the mobo with a screwdriver? make sure the board is functioning first also I have seen it where the connectors on the powerbutton cable are too loose and unable to make contact properly with the pins on the mobo, try to pinch them together with small needlenose pliers so they make contact with the mobo proper.

also check the manual it has a diagram as to which (p. 2-36) jumper is correct, make sure you do not have the plug reversed. on [. 2-37 they show how to plug the wires into the q-connector which accompanies the board.

READ MOTHERBOARD MANUAL. :hello:

sailer

Splendid
I bought a Sabertooth board a few weeks ago. As others have said, read the manuals for the motherboard and the computer case. There should be instructions as to where to plug in the wires. There is also a quick connector that you can use to plug the wires into it while its outside the case and then you simply plug the the connector (with all wires attached) into the motherboard. You should find those directions on page 2-37 of the motherboard manual.

One other possible issue is that the power button on the case is malfunctioning. Unfortunately there is no easy answer there. I have one old case where I had to remove the power on button and file the case slightly so it would work properly as the fit was a bit too tight. You might also check to see if the power wire is attached properly. Its rare, but the wire might be lose.

digimortal81

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2011
Can you jumpstart the mobo with a screwdriver? make sure the board is functioning first also I have seen it where the connectors on the powerbutton cable are too loose and unable to make contact properly with the pins on the mobo, try to pinch them together with small needlenose pliers so they make contact with the mobo proper.

also check the manual it has a diagram as to which (p. 2-36) jumper is correct, make sure you do not have the plug reversed. on [. 2-37 they show how to plug the wires into the q-connector which accompanies the board.

Solution