CPU temp worries me.

robman721

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2010
I was playing Mafia 2 on high settings and my CPU reached 60c after about 30min. I was wondering if that seems high since it's not OC'd? The CPU is a AMD Athlon II X3 440.

robman721

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2010
Not sure what my ambient temp is in my room but I do always have a fan on me at my desk and the computer tower is on a hardwood floor. I'm just worried because I use speedfan to monitor my temps and when the core temp goes above 50c a little fire icon appears next to the temp reading which worries me.

KoiCarp

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
If you are worried I can tell you AMD heatsinks are notorious for being abit.. bad, well not notorious but they're not great, the intels aren't amazing either.
So if you're really concerned you can always replace the heatsink with a nice coolermaster I suggest with the same dimensions as your current heatsink. But you're acceptable temp wise as you know.

Timop

Distinguished
the fire icon in speedfan means that your idle temps shouldn't be this high. 60C load is nothing to worry about and there no need to buy a aftermarket heatsink.

BTW, AMD heatsinks are actually decent, Its the Intel pushpins that's notoriously annoying and bad.