I wanna erase hdd , but reuse it help ???

gherr74

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012
hello everyone.,

i got a western digital cavaier blue 500gb sata 6.0gb/s harddrive i wanna comepletely erase , but wanna reuse it.. whats a good software program to use to do this... i do wanna reuse it, not destroy it.. thanks guys for any info

Is this going to be used as a second drive in a system? To format the drive you can simply right click on it and select format. You can either do a quick or full format. To do a full format you click to remove the check beside quick format. Formatting the drive does not destroy the drive it only "erases" data on the drive. To do a more thorough cleaning of the drive after you format it you can use something like CCleaner.

there also boot cd tools like hirems boot cd that let you fdsisk and zero format your drive. most time if your going to install a new os and it going to be the main drive all you do is boot from the install os cd and then delete the partion and reboot (windows 7/8). on reboot windows 7/8 will make a system restore partion and a data partion for you. (xp it be a ntfs partion).