Just recently moved out of college into my first place and tried to power up my PC. The front panel power led flashes and the case and cpu fans startup for a second then power down. The motherboard power LED remains lit while the system is plugged in.
I figured the PSU had somehow been damaged during the move, so I took it home to troubleshoot, plug it in and it fired right up no problems.
This led me to believe the circuit/outlet at my new place is faulty, however all my other components (monitor, printer, laptop) run just fine off it. I used a outlet circuit test, and everything checked out. Still not working.
As a last attempt, I grabbed an APC backup battery unit from home and tried that. Still same symptoms.
Is it possible that the APC cannot supply enough power to my system. My specs are:
A 180 W PSU won't run your system. UPS measure wattage a little differently than what it actually is, so it's actually less than that being provided by battery. Anyway, it's amperage that matters, and a 180w PSU isn't gonna deliver the needed.
First try other sockets in the place. If issues is consistent, then tell super to call in an electrician to test the wiring.
If the place has wiring issues, no UPS is gonna help you out.