configuration problems

i've noticed that after i save my config settings and exit, then go back
into the config program, some things don't get saved...for example, i
changed the framerate from 30 to 60, but that gets set back to 30; the
'enable brightening' option is always unchecked when i go back; and most
problematic is the '3D acceleration' option is always checked when i go
back (even though i've tested my graphics and it can't run with 3d
acceleration, so i uncheck these options), but now every time i go back
into config, i have to change everything back, or at least uncheck the
3D acc. option, since i can't save my config. settings with it
checked...is this normal?

John Salerno wrote:
> i've noticed that after i save my config settings and exit, then go
> back into the config program, some things don't get saved...for
> example, i changed the framerate from 30 to 60, but that gets set
> back to 30; the 'enable brightening' option is always unchecked when
> i go back; and most problematic is the '3D acceleration' option is
> always checked when i go back (even though i've tested my graphics
> and it can't run with 3d acceleration, so i uncheck these options),
> but now every time i go back into config, i have to change everything
> back, or at least uncheck the 3D acc. option, since i can't save my
> config. settings with it checked...is this normal?

Are some of the game files write protected? That may make it do that.

Devast8or

TRENDING THREADS