Sign in with
Your question

Graphics

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 3, 2010 12:48:39 PM

I am thinking of upgrading to Win 7. I had my system scanned for compatibility, and was told that I need to get a DirectX 9 class graphics processor, as well as a 128mb video card. Now, I read a lot of stuff about graphics memory. Is this another h/w device, or is it processor app that comes with vid card? Help me out here. I know the card is h/w. but the graphics processor, what is that, and are they terribly expensive?

More about : graphics

a c 1380 U Graphics card
June 3, 2010 1:03:23 PM

djbillyd said:
I am thinking of upgrading to Win 7. I had my system scanned for compatibility, and was told that I need to get a DirectX 9 class graphics processor, as well as a 128mb video card. Now, I read a lot of stuff about graphics memory. Is this another h/w device, or is it processor app that comes with vid card? Help me out here. I know the card is h/w. but the graphics processor, what is that, and are they terribly expensive?

Please post your full system specs. Graphics (video) cards come in different flavors and price range is from ~$30 to ~$700
m
l
June 3, 2010 2:19:27 PM

The proposed system will be a 2.99 Ghz Processor, a 160GB HDD, 1.25GB RAM. What else? I'm running a CD-RW in E:\, and a DVD-RW in F:\.
m
l
Related resources
a c 1380 U Graphics card
June 3, 2010 2:29:00 PM

What is the size of the Power supply?
Is the processor single or multicore?
What is the graphics interface on the motherboard? AGP or PCIexpress.
If it is an OEM build like Dell, HP and etc post the model number.
m
l
June 3, 2010 2:37:41 PM

PS will be 500W
Single core processor
PCI
Dell Deminsion 3000
m
l
!