Best case with fan filters?

G

Hi Everyone. I am currently planning my next rig and was going to use my current Antec 900 which I have custom modded but am re-thinking that decision. I love the antec, but hate how much dust I get and how often i need to clean it. I cut out wire access with a dremmel in several spots to route cables nicely. The back cover closes, but its tight. So I was thinking that make I should just sell this and get a new case that already has filters built into the fans and that can easily be cleaned. I would also love cable management holes and/or easy access to cpu backplate. I've done some research but man it can get tedious. I would like to get a reasonable price, like less than $100. The Nine Hundred Two has been on sale before, so I'd like to get that but dont really want to wait. I also like the CM 690 II Advanced. The Scout is nice too but is lacking a top fan. I think it would suffer from heat without that pulling air out.. Any thoughts on these or other options? A side window would be sweet but not necessary.

Do the filters make a big difference, or just a little?

Thanks for you help guys.

The CM690II is an excellent choice i have one and has easy access filters much better then my 902.
However the more positive pressure(intakes) you have in your case the more dust you'll accumulate.A trade off for good cooling and airflow.
The CM690II has better cable management then my 902 but they screwed up on the mobo cut-out it's not low enough.Get your dremel ready.
You really can't go wrong if you buy a CM690II it's nice and well built almost weighs as much as a 902.
You can buy a windowed side panel for it.
http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Transparent-Acrylic-RA-692-KWN1/dp/B003AVMRP2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1284080131&sr=1-1

G

Thanks for your thoughts. Nice to hear your feelings on the 690.

What do you guys think of the new Coller Master Haf 912? or the 922? Sound like the 922 only has a filter in the front but not on the side or top fans. The 912 only comes with 2 fans but has slots for more. My thoughts are, with the 922 I may need to change out fans that have filters so that's extra cost. So maybe i should buy the 912 which needs fans anyway and save money.

adaman2576

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I have an antec 902 and the dust filters really do make a big difference. I find myself cleaning the dust filters once a month (damn my wife's cat). I can't recomend the 902 though if you don't like taking both side panels off and 16 thumb screws off to clean the front filters. If that doesn't sound like a big deal to you then wait for it to go on sale. Otherwise just get a different case.

A little tip! you only need 8 thumbscrews or 4 aside 2 diagonal on each cage.
Figured that out the 1st time i cleaned the filters on my 902.

I have the Lian Li / Lancool Dragon Lord PC-K60 case with the narrow side window. The case comes with filters for the entire front panel that are easy to clean. Two days ago I pulled off the front panel and washed it. No problem. There are a variety of Dragon Lord cases with and without side windows:

http://www.lancoolpc.com/en/product/product04.php?cl_index=1&sc_index=25&ss_index=62

mwave.com has the lowest prices in the USA:

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/deepsearch_v3.asp?scriteria=Lancool&FilterCatID=10