Jun 3, 2010
Just have a few questions.
To start with my system specs.

Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2220 @ 2.40GHz 2.40GHz
5GB DDR2 ram
64bit Vista
300W power supply.

Hope that's all ya need.

Anyway, I've been trying to find a decent video card for around $100 or less to upgrade my integrated chipset. Will the HD 4770 be a good choice? or is there a better choice for my price range? I'm going to probably start playing WoW again, well basically any RTS or RPG games.

And I know I'll more than likely need to upgrade my power supply too, so what are some good decently priced ones?

Solution
That corsair 400watt is better than many 450 watt units. I recommended it because of the MIR bringing the price down to $30 (great price for a quality product) and it is plenty for a HD4770 (manufacturers req is based on cheap generic units). The most recommended PSU manufacturers here are Corsair, Antec and Seasonic and it is hard to go wrong with any of their products.

CptKevMan

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
Thanks for the help.
I've decided to go with the 4770 after looking at several benchmark tests/comparison charts with other cards.
Now I just need to figure out what power supply I will need. And I'm at a complete loss as to what a good one is.
I know you said this one is a good choice, but the 4770 says it requires a 450W power supply. Will the 400W be enough?

That corsair 400watt is better than many 450 watt units. I recommended it because of the MIR bringing the price down to $30 (great price for a quality product) and it is plenty for a HD4770 (manufacturers req is based on cheap generic units). The most recommended PSU manufacturers here are Corsair, Antec and Seasonic and it is hard to go wrong with any of their products.

Solution