Sign in with
Your question

E2160 temperatures

Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
September 9, 2010 10:36:30 PM

Hi guys..im new on this forum. Pls sorry for my bad English.
I have a problem with my temps on e2160
At idle i got 40/42°C and at full load about 75°C...(stock cooling)
I monitor the temps with SpeedFan and CoreTemp..
Between cores temp is 33°C at idle and 68°C at full load...The biggest problem is that this temperatures are on stock speed (1,8Ghz), stock voltage etc...and yes my cpu fan doesn't break 2,100rpm even at full load.

My config:

MSI P965 Neo-F V2
2x1GB Kingston DDR2 800Mhz
Gainward 8500gt 512ram ddr2 Silent
WD Caviar 160Gb 7200rpm
Power Supply came with Frontier Case and its 400W
and i have 2xstock 120mm cooler...one blows air into the case-other one takes it out.

Pls tell me what can be problem...I read some posts where people OC this proc @3,2 with stock cooling and their temps reach max 60°C at full load. So I'm wondering why my temps are so HIGH ! :/ //

More about : e2160 temperatures

a b à CPUs
September 9, 2010 10:59:36 PM

1. Re-seat the heatsink. This is one of the most common problems with those push pin CPU coolers.

2. Ambient temps?

3. Incorrect amount of thermal paste.

4. Bad case airflow.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
September 10, 2010 8:01:39 AM

Thanks for the reply.
1. I think that the heatsink is seated properly because i didn't touched it and everything was perfect untill maybe 2 weeks ago.
2. My room temperature is about 24-25°C and if i didn't mentioned my system temp is about 32-35°C.
3.Does thermal paste need to be changed from time to time ?
4.I read that is the best to put 1 at the front of the case to blow in and the other at the back to blow out..

I just re-seated the heatsink...and everything is the same :/ /
and changed position of my rear fan to the side of the case and i even got 2-3°C higher temps.
My biggest concern i why my cpu fan is always at 2100rpm even at full load?
Related resources
a b à CPUs
September 10, 2010 3:44:40 PM

2. Ok, room temp isn't that hot.

3. Yes. I re-apply my thermal paste every year at least. Usually apply every 6 months.

4. Yes. That is generally true. HOWEVER are you sure the direction of the air flow is correct?

Quote:
I just re-seated the heatsink...and everything is the same :/ /
and changed position of my rear fan to the side of the case and i even got 2-3°C higher temps.
My biggest concern i why my cpu fan is always at 2100rpm even at full load?

Hmm... if that's the case, most likely the stock fan is dying. Also, the heatsink/fan are clean right? When you re-seated the cooler did you clean and re-apply the thermal paste?
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
September 10, 2010 6:12:42 PM

3.What paste is the best Arctic Silver 5 right ? and how much does it cost ?
4.Here's my pc..(painted it..it look crappy i know..but maybe it will show something to you.)
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/2516/compp.jpg

Maybe...During to the hot temps one month ago my fan worked about 2700-3100rpm. Yes they are..I haven't re-applied paste because i dont have it yet.
a b à CPUs
September 10, 2010 7:45:23 PM

3. Yes, AS5 is good. But it has been surpassed by IC Diamond, Shin Etsu, MX2 etc. Currently at the relative top is IC Diamond. At the end of the day, the difference between all of these pates is only about 3-4C.

Quote:
Yes they are..I haven't re-applied paste because i dont have it yet.

So you don't have thermal paste on the CPU? That's a problem...
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
September 11, 2010 7:15:18 AM

I have some thermal paste at the heatsink (i think i got it when i bought cpu )and i have never changed it, bought this PC 2 years ago :S...Ill buy thermal paste and see the results...:) 
And what about cpu fan ? Should i change it ?

I re-seated the heatsink again...and i got a little better temps idle 36-37°C and 100% load (i use IntelBurn for testing ) i got about 68-69°C..:) 
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
September 12, 2010 1:38:50 AM

I will have in mind your advice...Thanks for all the help man ;) )
!